I also almost passed out from the pain after using salt water. I think the problem was that I used too much salt and didn't let it dissolve first.... Because i had used a salt water gargle the day prior with no ill effects (except accidentally swallowing a gulp of it, lol)

Thanks very much, I just read this to my son who is in a lot of pain and he's going to take your advice!

Day 3 was my worst day of pain because the anesthesia was wearing off. However, I didn't get this memo. The doctor gave all of this information to my aunt and I was in a lot of pain.

Omg I feel the same way. I had my tonsils removed on Monday it is now Friday and the pain is horrible. If someone would have told me I may have not done it.

I'm 35 and just had kine taken out. I am Day 5 post op and I wish someone would just shoot me. Hands down, worst experience of my life.

Hi! I'm 34 years old, female, and had my tonsils removed a week ago. I have had tonsil stones and holes in my tonsils from having tonsillitis. I also had strep occasionally. I opted to have the surgery because the stones are disgusting, stink, and the only time I felt good was after being on a round of antibiotics, but then it would come back and I'd be in pain again. My throats always hurt. My surgeon said my tonsils were falling apart as she was taking them out and that they really needed to come out.
Today is exactly one week from my surgery. They got me in pretty early and the surgery lasted maybe an hour. When they woke me up, they had me take some liquid Vicodin and an anti nausea medicine because anesthesia makes me sick. I got to go home shortly after that. I slept quite a bit on day one and ice chips were my friend. I did throw up on day one and it had a bit of blood in it from surgery more than likely. They had told me that may happen. I couldn't eat much at all. My uvula was massive for a few days and is still swollen. They said that they were going to give me Percocet, but they gave me Vicodin instead and that has been enough for me. i haven't taken anything else for the pain. They gave me an antibiotic, anti nausea meds, and a mouth rinse as well. I finish the mouth rinse today and the antibiotic is done. I haven't had any problems with bleeding. I have only seen a little scab come off and that was day three. I'm doing much better now, but still haven't been able to eat a lot. The doctor recommended local honey for healing. She wanted me to take 2 tbsp per day of that and also recommended aloe water. I ordered aloe water off of Amazon. I got the flavored kind. It has been helpful in my recovery also.

Things I have been able to eat/drink:
Ice chips
Popsicles
Water
Aloe water
Tea
Applesauce
Jello
Pudding
Sherbet
Ice cream
Chicken broth/boullion
Chicken noodle soup mix
Scrambled eggs
Macaroni and cheese (soupy)
Mashed potatoes and gravy

I agree with you 100%. I wish I didn't have this surgery. It's been a nightmare.

I'm almost at a year since my surgery. I was miserable for about a month. A year later, I'm sleeping better and haven't gotten sick at all. I'm finally used to swallowing again. Hang in there (as if you have a choice).

Hi I am throwing up a lot as well I stopped the narcotics should I continue with the amoxicillin ?

Forgot to add I am post op day 7

It helped me!!!

I'm feeling the same way hard to cope

I'm 42 and I just has my tonsils removed yesterday..the only discomfort I seem to have is swallowing bcuz my palate tongue is swollen but, other than that I'm fine...I thank you for sharing your experience it helps a lot

I put mine back right away. The tongue swelling from the breathing tube made the hole smaller, but hasnt bothered me throughtout the healing.

I found that a cold ice pack helps with the throat and ear pain. I'm guessing it helps reduce the swelling which in returns reduces the pain.