I recently had unprotected sex & 2 days later I've noticed that my urine has a strong odor to it. As well as I've been feeling cramps in my lower back & stomach. Is this a sign of an infection or something that will just go away.

Laura wrote:

Well, I think it would be a bit early to detect pregnancy if that's what you're wondering but I've seen stranger things. An infection could also be possible but that would have to be something you discuss with a doctor. Also, it could be the man's "scent" or even food you've eaten. I know I smell different a bit after I have sex with my fiance, I smell more like his semen. Certain foods can also make you smell different, I know that sounds strange to some people but if you eat things like salmon, garlic, etc. then it could also cause an odor for a period of time.

well i have had this same thing happen to me but two out of the three times we had sex we were using protection... but after ever time i had a very strong gross smelling urine...

but about two days or so later the smell would go away

I'm a guy and having the same thing happening to me 5 months after having sex with my ex GF. Got tested for an UTI and Chlamydia, as of which both were negative but this pungent odor still lingers. As for cramps, I'm get them off and on. Need to tell my doctor about though, cause I am still concerned. Anyone have a pre- thought?

I'm a guy and I'm having the same thing happening to me happening to me 6 months after having sex with my ex GF. This pungent odor started afterward and as for the cramps well thev've been on/off. I'm still concern and want to see a doctor. Anyone have a pre thought to this?

maby she had a infection ?? and she gave it to you

he is probably having sex with other women, same problem ,my problem went away after i stop having sex with him.

I dated a guy 3 years ago and his urine always smelled bad, and mine started to smell the same. After we broke up it went away after 3 months, but we just slept together and my urine smells like that again! I don't get it. I got tested and I'm fine. I use to think it was because of the pills he took but he doesn't take them anymore so I'm at a loss

I think the dude is secretly peeing inside of you...

I think this is some sort of bacteria share going on - I've had the same thing with my GF for the last year, if we take a break from things I lose that gross smell, but a few days after it's absolutely foul smelling. I've also been checked - nothing, all clear, so it must be bacteria related (we all carry a sh*t load of bacteria that isn't detremental to our health, and many that are actually good for us.)
Also some real silly replies here - peeing inside and sex with other women the cause? Seriously? Some people carry strange ideas.

Oh sh*t lol

I dont know

I had the exact same thing happen to me turns out males can get HPV this was over a course of 6 months a few times a week, I cured it with a anti bacterial cream/gel and flushing out urinal tract and high does off good bacteria foods. I recovered and am back to normal