I started workout 6 months ago and in the beginning it was great. My friend gave me a program, which really had effect. But now, I am somewhat discouraged. There is no progress, my strength and muscle size are not changing for a while and I do not know what to do. My friend told me that it is time to change the program. But it worked fine until now?! What am I supposed to do?

You should get some ore info about your workout exercises. If you have trained properly, it is possible that you have surpassed your current program, perhaps in type of exercises, perhaps in weights, maybe even both. You need to change your routine, to put some new challenges in front of your body. I am sure that you have made friends at the gym, try to ask them about changing the program. Also, you could look up on the internet for some new programs (12 weeks routine for example, they say it is quite effective).