Hi, I have been going to Pilates for six months. The workout is great and I enjoy it very much. A couple of days ago I bought Colleen Craig's book Pilates On The Ball. I would like to know how Pilates with the ball differs from the Pilates on the mat. Will I get lean and strong muscles faster if I do Pilates Colleen Craig's way?

Hi, doing any type of Pilates is a great way to strengthen your muscles and improve your posture and balance. The principals of Pilates on the mat and Pilates with the ball are the same. You have to control your movements and concentrate on doing them fluidly and precisely in order to get results. Pilates on the ball is more focused on core stability. Because the exercises are done on unstable surfaces you have to be more focused on maintaining the balance. And in order to do this your body's core muscles have to work harder. As a result you will achieve greater body awareness and stronger muscles faster.