It's been 11 days for me and I have had no weight loss either. I keep reading it has taken some people a month to lose, then I read where some are losing a pound a day. I am getting very discouraged.

I did this diet years ago with my
sister in law and we dropped lot of weight. I love this diet. Going back on.

Hi!

I did somersizing several years ago and had great results! The weight fell off, lost two stone in twin months. My Nan suggested it to me as she'd also had great results, herself having tried and failed with almost every other diet out there.

I must admit, I did cheat throughout but it didn't matter. I took the core elements of the plan and tried to eat sensibly. So for instance, for breakfast every day, I'd have a piece of fruit followed half hour later by a carb meal. This was either a low-sugar cereal with semi-skimmed milk (you should use skimmed but I just don't like it!) or marmite on granary toast with no butter. Then for lunch and dinner, it would be pro/fats meals. So often, omelette or salad for lunch and then a piece of protein with veg for dinner.

Obviously there are the "funky foods" that should be eliminated. Alcohol, nuts, white starchy food, I omitted completely. But carrots, I ate. Sugar, I almost completely eliminated but I did have cheats. For instance, if I ate a sugary treat at 3pm, so midway between lunch and dinner, I still lost the weight he next day (on average 1lb a day). I think the most important thing is drinking lots of water.

I know the change in diet seems complicated, but it actually is very simple. I'd recommend it to everyone and say to them to adapt it to their needs. Weigh yourself every day as you can work out what foods to avoid. Everyone is different. And besides, if you don't cheat, you'll probably get fed up and gal completely off the wagon.

Oops, two stone in two months (silly iPhone!)

Hi!

Ok, I know this might sound a bit crazy, but maybe you need to cheat a bit? Don't follow this diet to the T, adapt it to your needs!

When I did this diet, I saw results immediately. What's been your typical meals over the past 11 days?

Hi there - I did this diet years ago and had great success, but stopped because I was having problems with leg cramps at night. I'm trying it again and am having the same problem. Has anyone else had issues with leg cramps? I'm drinking plenty of water, so I don't think that is the problem.

I Somersized and lost 32 pounds about nine years ago. The hardest thing for me was eliminating alcohol, but I succeeded. It took about four weeks to see a loss.

Eliminating lots of water and cause leg cramps. Instead of quitting the diet, you could try Hyland’s leg cramp pills before bedtime.

Eliminating lots of water can cause leg cramps. Instead of quitting the diet, you could try Hyland’s leg cramp pills before bedtime.

Just like when you are doing an Atkins type of program, you can get rid of leg cramps by drinking some salted water and/or taking some potassium

I tried it and lost 35 pounds, it really works. I need to start it again. My problem is I lost the book and need a list of the foods I can't eat. Can anyone help with that?

I Sommersized in 2008 and lost 35 pounds in 6 months. I stopped because I was a lunch lady and I was required to taste the foods I made before serving the kids. It started getting to be more than a taste...I am retired now and had gained all my 35 pounds back, plus 5. I started Somersizing again in February. So far I have lost 5 pounds. It is not a hard diet, just that you need to stick with it. I type out a 2 week menu plan plus a daily to do list, such as make whole wheat bread, thaw out certain meats, etc. I also adapted a lot of my own favorite recipes to a Somersized recipe. It is not even hard to eat out. Most restaurants have plain steaks and choices of 2 veggies, or plain chicken. I am using Truvia for a sweetener and carry packets to use in unsweet tea. It does not take much. I eat my main meal at lunch and usually have a salad at night. Being retired makes this all easier because I have time to make a big meal at lunch. It would be nice to have others on this plan to correspond with though for encouragement.

I lost 22 pounds last year Somersizing. I found the plan easy to follow. The fewer carbs I eat, the faster I lose weight. It worked for me.

Hi! I lost nearly 40 lbs somersizing. I've recently gained 18 lbs and decided along withy mother to do WW SmartPoints and my mom and I are not happy with our results in 30 days. So, it's funny I saw your post because right before I did, I had decided to start somersizing again. This plan does work and you get to eat real food! I think you'll really like it.

I had a HUGE success on this diet about 10 years ago. I ate as much as I wanted and lost lot's of weight FAST! 30 lbs in under 4 months. I followed the basics from there on out, however, I started eating more carbs and not pairing my food as it explains last year and gained 15 lbs back, so I am now following it strictly again. Also, I ate more fats and processed foods then she advises, but it still worked like a charm... this time I am watching the processed stuff, like luncheon meats, etc.