Hello!
Did anyone try cybergenics diet? What is this diet like?
Thanks for any info!

Hello!
I tried it. Hmmm… I was quite hungry, so if you are more like hungry type I do not recommend it.
It takes 14 days, which is actually not a period, I mean everyone can last that long. It works for men and women. The diet is consisted of 4 meals daily and every meal has approximately 200 calories. Meals are limited to proteins and carbohydrates only. Proteins include boneless and skinless chicken or turkey, tunafish, white fish and egg whites. Carbohydrates include leafy vegetables, broccoli, celery, tomatoes, cauliflower. Once in a while potatoes and rice. Some people combine these meals with supplements form Cybergenics, pills or shakes. Well, I didn’t. For the first 10 days of the diet, you drink an entire gallon of water. During the last 4, reduce your water intake to 28 ounces per day. Oh, yes, the most important part: exercise. You must exercise, sweat at least 20 to 30 minutes a day. Not once a day, twice a day! First time you exercise when you get up and second time, one hour before bed time. Do not eat after second exercise : )
I lost some pounds, but I was quite hungry during the diet, I remember. Maybe because I wasn’t using their supplement. Maybe it is easier with supplements…

Hi, I'm Pam and here's my advice:

I tried the diet in 1996. It does work. The previous info you were given is somewhat incorrect. For instance, you don't exercise 1 hr before bedtime. Your last meal should be 3hrs. before bedtime and you should always workout before you eat! The supplements are herbs and are found in your everyday over the counter remedies. They are safe. I took the product to my doctor who approved of it. I lost 20lbs in 2wks. and kept it off for 7yrs. I later married and had a baby. Now, I am 40lbs overweight and I will be going back on cybergenics, Monday, 6/19/06. Also, they give 2 options for exercise; 20mins for a nonathletic & 45mins for an athletic person. They also advise you on different exercises depending on the non or ahtletic category you fall in. Just a note, when I did the program, I didn't have time to exercise. I was working for the Police Athletic League in the hot summer of 1996 outside and I had to walk to alot of different sites. That was my only form of exercise. You drink a minimum of 1gal of water per day, and the final 4 days you drink 32ozs. The first wk you can have small traces of table salt to add to the flavor of your food and the final wk you cannot have any salt. If you follow the directions you will not be hungry! Sounds like the previous person who gave advice didnt do it right! You have to follow a product precisely before you can give an opinion.

roxanna wrote:

Hello!
Thanks for any info!

Yes, I did try it and my mission was accomplished! It is an event diet, so if you are having a special event, then it will work. I was not hungry and I did take the supplements. They did a good job. My event was to start a real eating plan, (4 food groups-5 smaill meals a day, lots of water, exercise 4 times a week) . I lost 17 pounds in the 14 days and I only exercised once a day during the 1st week and 2tice a day during the 2nd week. I could not drink all that water, but I tried. It got me started on my slim down plan.

I did try the whole program back about 1990. 8 weeks of intence workout and a diet that left me hard and shredded. i still hae the before and after pics. and they are amazing.
it is basicly a carb cycling diet. works great. But i feel the workout is way over training.

This diet worked great for me. It is a low carb diet. The first post was unclear on this. The carbs allowed are "fibrous carbs" like string beans. I found it important to have the meals on schedule, otherwise I could get too hungry, weak and light-headed. I felt great when I stuck to the diet and I got quick results. Now I don't have the diet materials but am trying to use what I remember, and am having success losing weight.

This diet does require a commitment of time and energy. However, changing habits can become effortless after awhile.

I do it sometimes. It does work..but the secret to have a better result is to combine with water. Drinking 1 gallon a day for 3 day, half gallon for 2 day. 1 liter for one day, and nothing for 2 days...it works..but i don't advise it if you have kidney problems, like stone or dust. because it's going to hurt...good luck.

I did the 60 day total body workout. I made some major improvements!! I will say this. You have to stick to the plan for eating, taking your multi's and eating, as well as the proper amount of sleep. I know that it is hard to work out in the morning for some people, but if you do, you will find bigger gains/ losses than if you work out in the evenings. Your body responds to the exercise better, it is also better to regulate your eating this way. I will warn you. because of the intensity of the workoout, you should not just start the program as a beginner. Take a couple of months and get readdy for it. It only requires 5 mins of cardio as a warm up, because the whole workout has very little rest inbetween sets. Lastly.... Make sure that you stop lifting weights for 30 days after the 60 day program is over. Just do cardio! I did not stop lifting even when the manual told me too, and I burnt out very badly. The manual recommends you do just cardio 5 days a week for at least 30 days after the total body program. Stick to exactly what they say and you will see the results you want.

I did about 20 years ago and it worked fantastic along with the workout program. I was stuffed all the time, couldn't eat all the feed it called for. and I still lost 50#s in 8 weeks... Trying to find the daily eating program again. How the days are broken up. If anyone has the daily program I would love to have it.. Thank you.. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I tried the Cybergenics 14 day plan. Because it was soooo expensive at the time, I made sure that I followed the program to a T!
I only had 10 pounds to lose, but this diet transformed my body. I only lost 9 pounds but I lost the belly bulge and inner thighs and received lots of compliments from other ppl at gym at work.

Its awesome. I tried it with great success. Don't have the supplements anymore, but its still my go to.

Does anyone have the manual for the 14 day diet?