I am not sure if it is OK to ask questions about diets not for people but for pets? I apologize if I am out of line here, but I do need serious help. My cat, Bert, has gotten really fat, to the point I think he has some trouble moving around and he really need to go on a diet. Which diet food do you think is the best for cats?

I am sorry to hear about your cat, and it does sound like he needs to go on a diet rather desperately! What do you give him, and how often, and how much? It sounds like it is not the actual food that is the problem but rather the amount. If you put food out whenever the last food is gone, stop doing so. Give your cat food at set times, and when the food is gone, it's gone. There is no need to spend money on expensive diet cat foods. Giving your cat less will do the trick. Also, can you buy any of those cat those to give him some more exercise?