I was at the hairdresser's killing some time reading magazines when I stumbled upon this interesting article about diets for the over 40s. I think it was Good Housekeeping but I'm not sure now. It was fascinating any way and said a lot about the way your dietary needs change after 40, which is why foods that never used to make you fat before can now make you put on weight. Is that something you've found as well? Because thinking about it, it is true for me! I used to be able to eat anything and not get fat, but not any more...

I am 49, turning 50 in October and I am the same weight now that I was at 30. I don't eat meat, but apart from that I pretty much eat what takes my fancy. Perhaps it is the fact I am vegetarian, or the fact that I am an active person, but I haven't changed anything. Sure, I have gone grey and have a few more wrinkles :) but I am still a size Small! So, not true fore me!