I’ve bought a new bike recently. It’s awesome and I cycle every day. The only problem is that I think that there is something wrong with gear changing mechanism. When I’m changing gear a strange sound is heard and it seems that the gear is not changed smoothly. As if there was an obstacle. Is everything ok with my bike or I should have it fixed?

As I see it, when the gear is being changed the crankset mechanism loosens or tightens the chain and I think that’s the noise you’ve heard. I also think that this process can’t run smoothly, because the chain is being shifted and it’s normal. So, I think that everything is all right. But since we’re discussing safety here, maybe it is better to have your bike examined. Even if everything is ok, it will be good to adjust it properly. This adjustment should be performed on a regular basis, since you can be very uncomfortable is you ride a bike that is not well maintained. So, whenever you think that something is not working properly on your bike, have it serviced.