I had problems with the chain of my bike and the guy who was fixing it said that I should buy a new one. Now, I bought it, but since I’m a dummy when it comes to bike parts and similar complicated things, I had no idea that I should first see what brand I should buy. Now I have a Shimano chain, and apparently, Campag drive train. Are those compatible?

Well, you should have known better than that! I’m also not an expert but I never buy any part of the bike before explicitly asking the brand, type and all the other important details. As far as I know (but don’t take this for granted) a Shimano chain and Campagnolo drive train are compatible. I suppose that parts are designed so that they have to meet a certain standard and be compatible. But I guess that you can check that either with the guy who fixes your bike or at the shop where you bought the chain. They probably know and I think that, in case, you’ve bought the wrong part, they’ll change you for the one you need without problems.