Hi all

I have had Blackouts since i have started drinking about 6 years ago

I dont get them all the time but i have had alot of them

Now i try to not drink as fast and i dont get them as often but if i drink alot they still happen

I have done things i would never dream of doing and upset my friends etc

I am going to try and set a limit that i dont drink past

I don't know what to do. I have been blacking out constantly . Everyone around me says I act completely normal. No one can tell when I have blacked out... but the next day, I have no recollection of anything. I recently was at a bar and a co worker intercepted me. He is married, but made out with me and tried to have sex with me. the only thing I remember is puking, and him trying to have sex with me and telling him I didn't want to do that sh*t with him. I almost lost my job over it. He didn't get in trouble at all, even though he is a manager. If I can't tell when i'm blacking out, and no one else can either, what do I do?

Thanks for sharing!!!

hey every1. its nice to know that im not the only one that this happens to. ive been drinking since i was about 14(28 now) and i never had any issues till i was about 22. ive always been a happy drunk but ive been told when that when i blackout i go from being the most loving person in the world to a damn 2 yr. old, acting very sarcastic, rude, disrespectful, and more or less not giving a damn about what any1 thinks. since this started and steadly in the last 4 yrs. has got worse, i barely ever drink(maybe once or twice a month). but still it seems like almost every time i drink, it happens. its like 1 moment im hanging out having a good time, then bam!!, its hours or the next day later and every1s pissed at me and i dont know what happened. the people i hang out with on a regular bases can tell when i blackout now, and do what they can to protect me, but some times i guess im just to much. like just last saturday night, i woke up in the afternoon still tipsy, and started back up. i was fine till about 9pm. one moment im getting in to the car with some friends to go to another bar, and the next its 5 hrs. later and some 1s swinging on me. i came out of it for only a few seconds and then next thing i know im waking up in my bed around 9am to my boy calling me, telling me what happened. thats some scary sh*t. and to whoever earlier said that your fully aware of your actions and that doesnt change how you act, obviously has never had this happen to them. i dont feel compelled to drink or even want to drink that often, even when im around for a whole night. if turned down free drinks and open tabs many times. but when i do drink, its like its all i can think about is wheres my next 1.

I have drank consistently for the past 9 years (I'm 27 now). I used to blackout only when I had a lot to drink (in excess of 15 beers/shots). However, since I returned from Iraq I have noticed that after only 3 beers or so (and this is 4 years after 9 months of sobriety) that I blackout nearly every time. So, it seems to me that traumatic experiences may contribute to this 'blackout' dilemma and thus some brain chemistries are more susceptible to blackout than others. Either way, I can say that you should believe your friend when she says she was experiencing a blackout. Also, you should understand that even when blacked out, we lose our inhibitions but we do not lose our cognition and motivation. If she cheats on her boyfriend/girlfriend when blacked out then she may not be as loyal as you presumed.

-Carebear

has anyone had experience of blackouts but not at the time of drinking but after maybe even days after?
my mother does this alot and we dont seem to know why but now im thinking its when she has had a drink in past few days. she is an alcoholic but goes for weeks without a drink. i need help!! :'(

I blackout every single time I drink. When I started drinking my freshman year of college, I had a boyfriend that was always with me so when I blacked out, he was there to take care of me and tell me the silly things I had done the night before. When we broke up, I started drinking with a new crowd and they were unaware of my problem so when I thought a guy was cute, they thought they were doing me a favor by letting him drive me home but then I would wake up in an unfamiliar place next to some guy that I had never seen in my life. The worst part was being naked and knowing that you were responsible because you shouldn't have been drinking with your condition. What if these guys didnt use protection? What if they had HIV or AIDS?

I just recently graduated from college and only drink about once a month but even then I will just have 2 maybe 3 cocktails and its lights out. I have come to the conclusion that I should not drink. If any of you are like me in this way, I suggest you do the same. If not, make sure you are around people that love you and will take care of you.

There was a post a while back that said you will only do bad things when you are blacked out IF you are a bad person. That is FALSE. Men will be men and if there is some pretty girl flirting with them (regardless of how drunk they know she is) they will try and get her into bed. I know that the strangers I woke up to were not innocent. I would hear stories about them carrying me to their car... I'm pretty sure you cannot give consent if you are passed out. The black outs just prevented me from reporting them because I didn't even remember being at the bar they carried me out of. Be careful.

You can't just say that people can control their actions when drunk.
I've had severe problems with blackouts. I wouldn't say I'm an alcoholic, but I have a very dangerous attitude towards alcohol. This has resulted in some really terrible behaviour - getting off with friends, being so drunk that people tried it on with me and I didn't bother stopping them.
I think that because of the generalised view on monogamy and relationships, people will dismiss these things as mere cheating.

However, I can say from my own experience that I've never wanted to cheat: I was drugged and raped a while back, and after being repeatedly raped, I woke up again with the man on top of me. This was a result of him literally pouring alcohol down my throat. After this, I was homeless for a year (had to move out cos he lived in my building). So I can say that the black outs since then have not been an excuse for me to hide "cheating".

I have found myself outside of London (where I live), next to train tracks after climbing over a fence that was 7 or 8 ft high. I've found myself behind bins, in locked parks, next to the canal at night, gotten into unliscensed mini-cabs, and found myself to have lost my shoes.

So to all of you who are doubting basic morals during blackouts, please bare in mind that I absolutely hate it and have tried to "end it" several times due to my actions. Unfortunately the multitude of drugs that I have to take every day to get by cause terrible reactions to alcohol so this is probably why I have so many blackouts, but then I find it incredibly difficult to avoid it. I have tried to change, have suceeded somewhat, but it is SO DIFFICULT to avoid a drug that is accepted so widely by society.

I have hurt my recent boyfriend and ended up kissing other people, however I am honest; I try my best to make ammends and apologise profusely. And I do love him, and display this every day. I'm alot better than I was when I was younger. To be honest, it's a miracle that I'm still alive and didn't suceed with the multiple attempts at death.

Do not judge lest thee be judged. Please get your friend to get some help.

Hi. I myself have experienced blacking out 2 or 3 times. Like all the other posts, I could not recall much of what had gone on the night before. I often did things I regreted and would NEVER do sober. It ended a relationship that had potential, and made others see me in a not so good light. People make mistakes, and as long as they are able to get it under control I think they can be trusted and forgiven. I do not agree with the statement that you do things that are in your normal character because at that state of being wasted you have gone way past losing all inhabitions. I can control myself drunk, but not blacked out. Limit the intake and know how far you can go. There are a lot of websites you can research blacking out on. Good luck!

This was my first blackout & damn i have absolutely no memory of anything after a certain point in the evening. During a blackout a person behaves normally in senses but has no memory of it.
When I see videos of that night I look pretty normal but just can't remember a thing. People around you feel you are normal but actually you have no idea of whats going on (or maybe you had then its just u don remember :-P)

Blackout happen due to binge drinking, too much too soon.
Best is to know your limit, avoid drinking.
Its difficult to completely give up then you can atleast cut down a bit.

Most important drink heavily only when you are in company of good friends who can take care of you because with these blackout you could end up in some deep s**t with absoulety no idea how the hell you ended up here.

take care & drink safely :-)

I blacked out and shot 3 guys, then raped a jello bowl in a corn field. Seriously. They showed me satellite video of it, and i still cant believe it. Google it, it happened in 2006. Blackouts are real! I'm posting this from Dallas County Federal Prison.

Is it possible to separate clean from dirty things (you may suppose what dirtiness) during blackout and put them very nice, but on unusual places than I put my clothes? I woke up with my jewelry make up and hair, but I had new panties and body on me, my head was put to a hole for leg. I found bag for computer and computer on my desk but these were not mine. I suspect there was another person in my room

Sorry for English in my previous message.
Happy New Year to all of you! Don't drink remember it :-)

I have gone into a viscous cycle of drinking where I have been able to drink so much I can go through 4 fifths in a week. I have experienced black out's many times. Times where I don't remember doing things, saying things, or even having something such as intimate as sex. Being blacked out and realizing that I have gone against my own beliefs and morals, has seriously hurt myself just as much as the people around me. I think you should be more concerned with her well being, if she is telling the truth.
Alcohol seriously messes with my decision making process, once i am past a certain point. I have had a couple of male friends who i know when i am drunk i have said no to sex with them many times. But a couple mornings i have woken up and not remembered really having sex with them. I would have fragment but no real recollection. It made me feel taken advantage of because normally "my friends" know i wouldn't on other day when i am even half way sober.
Blackout sex has truly ruined my self esteem some days, even though i wasn't in a relationship and the people i had sex with were guys i have known for years. It sucks feeling like i had no control over my body or my decision making process.
I am now venturing into a new part of my life where I choose not to drink, choose better friends who don't revolve around alcohol as their main source of entertainment.

Boy am I glad yr not my friend with that attitude!