You have never had a blackout if you think you are in control and aware. In a blackout you have no control. This statement is so full of ignorance I don't know where to start

i blackout almost every time i drink and i do awful things which of course i cannot remember at all.
when i was on my working holiday in new zealand i would blackout 2 or 3 times a week. during my blackouts i did things that were so embarassing. i would sleep with guys, come onto everyone i knew, took part in a wet t shirt comp and got topless, lose my friends and lose all my things. twice i had no recollection of being with anyone but my friends would tell me that i went off with a guy. once i woke up in my house with no underwear on and no idea what had happened. it all accumlated with being caught for drink driving and having to come home. i blacked out last nite and was rude to my mates, tried to come onto this guy and ended up going to my friends house having sex with him then bumping into my ex and sleeping with him too. i constatnly let people down and ive lost so many friends because of it. the worst is that i dont really care what happens. i do want to change but i feel that its too late and that this is who i am now. 

I have a same story..Going through hell right now and dont know what to do.

Had been drinking since last 6 years and have several blackout. Have abused the person I loved, vommited and fought and god knows what else have i dont and dont remember any of it. In feb i passed out on bday of my best friend and abused his GF..:(..Had broken a shop's glass, beaten people and said nasty things to loved ones...

I am currently out of my country and got drunk alone last night and passed out in a bar. Spend 10grands, and those guys also took my watch and called my home and now they know everything about it and are damn worried since I am out of country alone....They are also very angrye and I dont know what to do...

Need to stop altogether now..

I am sure she is probably telling the truth about blackouts. They can occur at any time. But...If she knows it is happening she can't use it as an excuse. Stop drinking... its her responsibility.  Even if I love chocolate and know that I'm allergic... its still my fault if I eat it and end up in the emergency room, right?

Here is a study on blackouts.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm

Believe me your friend is probably telling the truth.....I dont drink frequently but when i do i sometimes go overboard with the alcohol and end up having blackouts......Just a week ago i woke up on my friends floor with my club dress and jewelry still on. I woke up wondering what the hell happened. My friend told me i made out with some random dude and that couldn't even walk straight. I have absolute no recollection of what I did that night...i would have never made out with a guy if i was sober. The thought just makes me sick that i could have slept with the guy and would have never remembered. fortunately i was lucky enough to have my friends help me get home safely without letting me get taken advantage of!

I have a question for those that do black out from drinking. How often would you black out? I have a friend who has been having problems with this guy for some time. Some days they'll be close while other days they can't communicate very well. My friend has informed me that sex has taken place a few times but this guy will later claim he blacked out. I've known this guy awhile and he does his fair share of drinking and only seems to say he blacks out when they spend the night together. Keep in mind he is often described by family and friends alike as someone who doesn't know what he wants and he seems to have trouble figuring out how to handle their situation. I'm worried for my friend. Is he just lying so he doesn't have to deal with what's going on between them? Is he telling the truth? Reason I ask is it feels off to me that he lists those as the only times he's blacked out and it makes me wonder if it's just convenient for him to hide behind that. I mean if you black out like that, couldn't it happen when my friend isn't around as well?

Hi there. Please private message me and I'll be happy to talk to you. I have the same experience and have found a solution.

My brother used to talk to me about black outs all the time after drinking.  We were abused from age 3 that i can remember.So many times i saw my brother just freak out and do things he would never do sober.  it was like everything he kept inside came out when he was drunk but usually in the wrong way.  I know he wouldnt remember because at times i had him sign notes to me stating he would remember, guess what he didnt!!  Sad story is he got into a fight and killed someone who hit him first.  he slammed a brick over his head and doesnt remember a thing.  I painfully see him on Sundays once a week and he remembers nothing.  what he does  remember is the beat downs he got as a child. he is 24 in jail for life. the guy that he killed had sucker punched him after he stopped him from pushing around his girlfriend, all this was caught on tape.  Drinking kills people in so many ways!  

Females are 3 times more prone to develop mental illnesses such as schizophrenia.

35% of them will be diagnosed before 50. In an era where performance and socialism is praised, people tend to be judged as normal but this tendency to drink and simply participating in those kind of risky behaviors is a very precise trait of schizophrenia in its early stages.

Can't you see all the rape? Why would you even go binge drinking when you're in a relationship? This is so far from normal. I understand the influence from the society, the movies like American Pie and your fellows from school but get real. This is dangerous you need to stop it.

what you are desribing is binge drinking which is highly dangerous As you,ve said you cannot think of the consequences You could easily have commited a crime during the blackout or had your credit cards stolen I,ve suffered many blackouts and the only way I would drink alcohol now is as an aid to suicide

I have had three blackouts myself, but no serious damage had been done before my blackout yesterday. I was feeling lonely and depressed and I thought a visit to the bar down the street would cheer me up. I had several drinks and was in a very happy go lucky kind of mood and I was able to remember many of the details of my conversations as well. The last thing I remembered that night was a guy trying to hook me up with a chick. My next memory was waking up on a cold metal bed in a jail cell. I was covered in scrapes and bruises and had some serious cuff marks. I couldn't grasp for the life of me what I was doing there, and thought there must have been some mistake. After talking with the bail commissioner, an officer, and with the information my friend had gathered in talking with the owner of the establishment I gradually put together parts of what happened that night.

When my awareness was switched off I became beligerant and got into an argument with the person trying to hook me up. I then started punching windows and on the third window I came to I cracked the glass. They must have called the cops at that point and I decided to make a run for it. I ran a block up the street, and then for no apparent reason decided to jump on some guys car. I started jumping on his moon roof and may have broken that too. I believe this may have been when I got the scrapes because I'm guessing I fell off the car. After that the cops must have caught up. I apparently wasn't too cooperative as evinced by my cuff marks and the remarks of an officer. They said when they took me into the jail I was speaking in toungues and they thought I was high on bath salts(I didn't even know this was a thing). It was so bad that they had me on suicide watch and they thought I might not make it through the night.

I was charged with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. I am now in fear of losing my job should this get out, and my friends. It is utterly terrifying to know that I lost even a semblance of control over my actions and turned into a mindless animal. This is my first day being sober, and I plan to keep that way as a reminder and so that a casual drinking situation has no chance of turning into something so destructive.

I have to disagree. I believe drunken blackouts are similar to temporary insanity. Except that its a drug that has taken over your brain, not anger or entense rage. You are not in control of what you are doing because you are under the influence and in a drunken stuper. Alcohol is a drug. You are under an influence, You are not yourself. You are out of control. Everyone has a limit. You go over that limit, cross over that line, and it could lead to a blackout the next day. When you have crossed that line, you do not do things logically as you would without the alcohol. People who have blackouts should not drink. Period!

girl 29 is that rape...... she is aware, talking, making sexual gesture , rubbing, making out, and saying my name as if she know who i am. but then wakes up like you raped me!!!?????? please help i am a nice guy she was on to me but now she is saying that i raped her....please give me some helpful feedback.

First blackout: 19 years old: Hah! That was weird. Why I don't remember anything I did (which my friend says I did) from last night party

Second blackout: ~21 years old: Man! I got to reduce my alcohol intake. So bloody embarrassing. How can I do this? (Sends sorry text to everyone)

-----

Last blackout: ~28 years old: Blacked out again. Good that I was drinking alone. Great! No calls from cellphone. All limbs at right place. Internet history seems fine. Awesome night!

Your friend has to learn to live with this. She is going to blackout again. Sometimes at 1 drink, sometimes at 4 drinks. She needs to stop drinking socially at once! If she wants to drink with friends, she should drink with only those people where she could embarrass her and still not feel that bad in the morning.

This problem is not going to go away. EVER. Stop being friends with her, or understand that whatever she does in that state of mind is not her fault and that you accept it.

In last 9 years, I have tried many combinations to stop blacking out. Doesn't work. Its maybe our genetics, or some minor irreparable brain damage. Your friend should stop fighting it and find a middle path.

You have no idea obviously what you are talking about. Alter ego maybe but not nice girl versus s***. Even a nun can become a drunken s*** in blackout mode. NO SELF CONTROL, MEANS NO SELF CONTROL. People can and do stupid sh*t when drunk. ever watch BLIND DATE!!!!