Omg, I get this same thing, it doesn't seem to matter if I have a huge night or if I have 3 drinks Friday and 2 Saturday, I will have the pain by Sunday afternoon. Also I drank for years with out getting this, now I barely drink and for the last 18 months I've had these pains. I have had blood work done, liver function, Full blood etc. Nothing. I've been checked for stomache ulcers and had an ultrasound on my gall bladder. It seems we are medical mysteries. I generally drink Malibu with zero coke or diet coke. I ordinarily don't drink coke or sugary drinks, unless I'm drinking alcohol, my standard daily drinks are water and coffee, I'm a smoker also.

Good question...this always happens to me too. I get nasty hangovers even if I don't have that much to drink, and nearly a whole 24 hours later, actually the whole day after the day/night I drink, my body hurts like I've been kicked around. I even feel little swollen glands around my belly/mid section, very tender to the touch. This soreness can last a few days! This has been happening for years, thus I don't drink much. When I was younger I tried to drink with my friends, stuff you do when you're young, but I always got sick bad. Now that I'm older, I just rarely drink, but IF I do...it happens again. I am also wondering what exactly causes this. I'm guessing it's because we have low levels of the two enzymes responsible for processing/metabolizing the toxins in alcohol. Genetics determine how much levels of enzymes you get, and how well these enzymes work. This is why I'm not surprised that my mom always got sick on the few occasions she would drink. She never complained about the body soreness, just couldn't handle more than one drink without throwing up, headache, hang over stuff.

I have the problem where I use to drink fine, I think it's probably some kind of intolerance to an additive/preservative ... Some bad chemical they add, as I use to drink coke and juice and Ice coffees as part of daily life then I cut out all that c**p from my daily diet, and not long after when I came to drink my trusty Malibu and coke I started getting these dreadful pains 8-14 hours post drinking, and they do last for 2 days where even wearing a bra hurts! I get paid in my whole abdomen down to my hips, up into my underarms and down my arms a little.. I also check my measurements and I've swollen a crazy 2 inches!!! I'd love an answer to what exactly it is but no GP I've spoken to can come up with one! Going to try alcohols that don't mix with coke first I think to try and do a process of elimination, I don't drink all that much but it would be nice to be able to with our suffering such horrible pain!

I too experience this problem. Very sore skin after drinking moderate to heavy. Alcoholic myopathy seems to be more for an alcoholic than just for your occasional drinker. I drink maybe twice a month. By no means am I an alcoholic. I believe that I have built up an allergic reaction to alcohol. It takes me like two days to fully recover from one night of going out (not even like binge drinking till vomitting either). The more you expose yourself to an allergic irritant, the more worse of a response you will get (which is why people can all of the sudden be allergic to something later in life that they weren't allergic to earlier). I am just going to continue to not drink unless it is worth the 3 day recovery.

At first, I just had the symptoms of sore skin about 24 hours after drinking, usually by the next evening. This time I can feel my eyes being slightly itchy. I do not know if I am just thinking they itch because I discovered it is an allergy or if it is a new symptom.

I have these symptoms right now, but I haven't been drinking? So does anyone know why I would be feeling like this if I haven't had a drink?

Hi I am going to look into this further as I too have had the same symptoms for years after drinking. But I was diagnosed with leukemia last October but am now in remission. So this is a worry!!

Gastritis can cause inflamation of the stomach after alcohol has been consumed.

WOW! I always have this problem when I drink beer but not my other drink of choice which is vodka and cranberry. I thought it was the beer, but maybe it's the sugar in the cranberry juice that prevents it, as opposed to the beer causing it and not the vodka. Very interesting. Thanks.

Check histamine intolerance if it's worse with wines. If you feel completely dehydrated there's also diabetes insipidus- which would include a lot of peeing and being very very thirsty.

I would assume that it has more to do with inflammation that anything else. I get this too and still don't exactly what it is but I do know that over-indulging in alcochol induces inflammation and acidicity of the body. Inflammation and acidity can both cause activation of pain receptors. Similarly, the same receptors purpose is to respond to tissue damage from a wide variety of stimuli (including acidity and temperature) and alcohol causes tissue damage when consumed at such high levels that the body cannot keep up with its metabolism.

I'm not sure if anyone is still interested in a reply to this but I have the same problem and have had for about 5 years. I was told that it is my body having a reaction to the preservatives in alcohol. I can't remember what the preservatiis called but it is usually indicated on the ingredients as a number. I was online trying to find out more about it when I landed here!

I have had this problem today, I normally get a normal hangover (feeling pretty sick or a headache) but today all my body feels tense and when I touch my chest or shoulders ect it feels slightly bruised. Normally I would drink a lot of water before i go to sleep after a night out but I didn't last night so it may be dehydration, also might be that I have gone out drinking two nights in a row? I don't know weather it's even to do with the alcohol but I feel really unusual and wondered if anyone felt the same

Exactly the same thing happens to me. I used to drink 3-4 drinks with no problem. Then I had a bad reaction to the antibiotic Cipro, and ever since then (about a year ago), I hurt the next day even after just one beer. It totally feels like the flu. All over body aches, especially in my neck, shoulders and arms. I've been to several docs who just look at me like I'm an alcoholic. I'd just like to be able to drink a beer or two without feeling like c**p the next day. I had blood work done, including a liver function test, and all came back normal. It sucks to not know why this is happening.

Omg you couldn't have said that any better. I'm only 22 and experience the SAME EXACT thing.. It's horrible. As a matter of fact I'm experiencing it right now. I knew what would happen last nigt if I drank but did it anyways because of an occasion and here I am.. 24 hours later in agony from my neck, collar bone, ribs, back. But it always starts with my neck and works it's way down ... It feels like I've been hit by a car with no physical evidence. Has anyone gotten ANY answers?!! :((( idk whawhat to do..

This is the exact same thing i go thru!!!!!! its horrible... have u found any answers or remedies?!
Im 22 also and have been going thru this for the last year or so and hate the fact that having to leave alcohol alone altogether is a very real possibility since dealing with this soreness and unbearable bruised feeling all over the next day is not worth it