Hi I'm 19 and on the coil I think I'm pregnant as I've had no period which I normally do and I'm getting some symtoms I already have a child who is 3 this week I'm going to the doctors today to test I hope I'm not I'm trying to get Into uni taking driving lessons ect I have hardly any money to raise another. But anyway last week I had severe tonsillitis and was taking penacillin an inruprofen every 4 hours nothing has happened so I don't think ibruprofen is a direct reason for causing misscarriages although I just checked on the pack it says consult a doc if in the first 6 months of pregnancy

reading your post made me feel better i took co codomol just two days i just found out im pregnant but i have faith hopefully GOD will help me .. i really want this baby

I have taken ibprofren many times when pregnant for headaches. I asked my dr and she said as long as in moderation your ok. I'm 17 weeks pregnant and everything is perfect. You can take up to 600mg at a time until your third trimester And it doesn't cause miscarriage. If so my dr wouldn't have been ok with it

I really don't think ibuprofen has anything to do with a miscarriage. I really think it depends on your body. Im 30 weeks pregnant and doing weeks 3 thru 6 of my pregnancy I took ibuprofen 3x a day 600 mg for tennis elbow and I'm still pregnant. I really think ppl listen to doctors to much instead of listening to there own body's.

I'm 13-14 weeks could I still have a miscarriage by using pain killers?

I definitely think that there is a link between ibuprofen and miscarriages. Before I knew I was pregnant I went to the doctor for a problem with my ear and jaw and she prescribed me ibuprofen for the pain. She instructed me to take it twice daily for two* weeks. I didn't take it for that long because I thought that was absurd, but I definitely took enough and was taking it around the time of conception and later. Also around week 6 I started having cramps and headaches and looked up if it was safe to take ibuprofen when pregnant. Every source said yes. So I took it every once in awhile. Now at 7 weeks I have miscarried and am sure it's because of the ibuprofen. I don't have any health problems at all and have done everything I was supposed to to have a healthy pregnancy. I'm devastated and I'm sure it was my ibuprofen usage.

How many ibuprofen did u take exactly ?

Ibuprofen is classified under FDA pregancny category as category C for first 6 months pregnancy. For third trimester, it is category D.

Category C means there is ample evidence on animals showing harm on animal foetuses, but there is insufficient studies on humans to fully conclude. Category D means there is sufficient evidence to conclude the harm on foetuses in humans.

Either way, for both categories, ibuprofen should only be used if potential benefits outweigh the risks. Unfortunately, miscarriage is a significant possibility, and you really need to consult a doctor about it as he/she decides whether it's wortht he risk.

Hi, I had my first miscarriage this past week. I had no clue I was even pregnant but I took a test because my period was a couple days late. It came up positive so I was happy of course. I have to children and never had any bleeding with those pregnancies. I began bleeding 3 days after the positive test so I went to the ER, they told me I was miscarrying; I was only about 3-4 weeks but still devastated as a woman you can't help but think "what's wrong with me" I started re thinking everything I was doing the weeks before the ONLY conclusion I can come up with is that I was taking Ibuprofen EVERYDAY for about a week and a half 2 times a day for an acne cyst I had, and after researching it's possible affects on a pregnancy I am almost certain that was the cause of my MC. :( I would have never taken it had I known I had a little angel in me. Please be very cautious of using this medicine during or before trying to conceive!!

what dose u take

Ibuprofen is contradicted in pregnancy and breast feeding mothers ...it is responsible for low birth weight baby ,greater postpartum blood loss...

How many mg you take it? Please

I had 2 healthy pregnancies. I was pregnant with my third when I threw my back out. I took ibruprofen at 8 weeks pregnant. I started bleeding before my 12 week scan. At the scan we discovered my baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks. 2 days later I miscarried naturally. I'm angry with myself but have accepted what happened. I just wish I could turn back the clock. Please don't take ibruprofen when pregnant :-(

How many should I take in a day in order to have a miscarriage ?

How many did u take