. I Have That & I Am Trying Too Figure Out What It Is . . I Was Diagnosed W/Bronchitis At Birth Or Weeks Later . I Also Have Sinuses . . If Anyone Can Tell Me How Too Get Rid Of It Completley I Would REALLY Appreciate It :) ♥

Things I Heard That Can Get Rid Of It : Blowing Your Nose ( Which Is Why I Think Its Sinuses ) & Gargling MouthWash ( Which Is Why I Think Its Bronchitis )

I thought that I was the only who had this and I'm 15 but I did research and this lead to halitosis and they really smell bad like dying rotting corpse bad

so thats whats been causing this bad taste in my mouthh!!!!

hi im 15 i have the same thing ive never smoked drank or done drugs and im in very good health ive been geting this since i was 9. so i dont think its smoking

I just gargled two of them up after brushing my teeth. YUCK! I had looked this up before and found out about tonsil stones, but was skeptical because I had my tonsils and adenoids removed about 25 years ago. But it does happen to me, so even if you've had a tonsillectomy and they didn't get all of the tissue out, it still could happen to you too. Has to be what it is, because the description matches exactly what I'm experiencing. I'm afraid of what I'll find if I go digging back there to try to remove any more, but you have to get that smell out of your mouth! LOL.

yo yo yo.. coughed up 2 today and 1 yesterday. i googled it just now and found this. i thought it was something to do with smoking. i stopped 3 years ago! i hate these things but stoked to find out i am producing small amounts of magnesium(according to wikki). every cloud and all that. peace guys 

I googled "coughed up something yellow, smells like sh*t" and found this lol glad I know now, thanks to all who posted.

Oh my god!  Finally!  We all sound so relieved to finally have an answer to this gross, irritating phenomenon.  I started getting these tonsil stones about a year ago.  I don't cough them up, they just work their way up my throat and - bam - they're in my mouth.  I didn't think to ask anyone about these until I had one come up in my mouth while I was talking to my mom.  I asked her if she knew what it was and she laughed because she gets the same things.  We decided to call it "throat corn, " which isn't a particularly appetizing terminology, but it was hilarious to us.  My mom and I both have regular outbreaks of tonsillitis, both since childhood.  We both still have our tonsils, obviously, and now it all makes sense!

I can't wait to tell her, she's going to die laughing after I tell her about everyone else's same frustration with "throat corn!"  Hahaha.

oh dear god - had to google this today because they have literally just ruined my life! I have had these lumps for years - i'm 25 now. Last night I managed to finally kiss the guy of my dreams, who I have been mad about for three years. Just in the middle of a passionate kiss and next thing - boom - a damn lump arrives in my mouth. He literally jumped away from me - I can only imagine how bad it must have tasted/smelled... LIFE RUINED!

it's amazing how many people have the same thing happen to them. yeah, every so often i have recently started coughing up these small chunks from the back of my throat, which smell foul! something like that cannot be good for one's breath. my solution is regular gargling of mouthwash and brushing my teeth and tongue! considering removing my tonsils though...

Well I always got these ever since I was about 5. I'm 20 now. Nothing to be worried about at all. My doctor told me that it's basically just hard rotted mucous chunks that are in the tonsils, and your body is ridding itself of them. These are disgusting and smell horrible I know! They tend to come up when you're having a convo with someone, and you just have this urge to spit it out. As for the smell. Have you ever sneezed and wondered why it had a foul odor? It's because of these chunks. If you have a lot of mucous congestion in the throat, it causes those nasty chunks and the foul smelling sneeze. My best way to get rid of them is to spit out the mucous when your throat is congested, and always brush the back of your throat when brushing your teeth daily. It may make you gag a bit, but try to press the tonsils with the brush, and it helps to push those nasty chunks out. Also, try to gargle with mouth wash in the back of the throat. These seemed to help me a lot! Hope they help you all as well! And just know, we're all human, and if it happens to one of us, it most likely happens to others, nothing to be ashamed about, just be glad your body is working and ridding itself of bacteria.

Hahaha, gotta love google! I'm a nursing student and wanted to know if mine were normal too! Guess they are common, afterall. lol

I started feeling crappy yesterday, and woke up with a sore neck and throat, then I started coughing up phlegm, but then I randomly coughed up a large BLOODY white chunk! ANY IDEAS ON THIS???? I had my tonsils removed 11 years ago!!

WOW! I have been dealing with this for years! I knew I have always had bad breath, even after brushing, but within the last year I have coughed up these and knew it smelt like the taste in my mouth. My husband always tells me my breath stinks, and I get frustrated because I have tried everything to clean my teeth and tongue. Now I know that it is these "stones" back in my throat!! I just told him about it after finding this. Thank you to google! I literally lost a boyfriend over this years ago, and had no idea that is was something that I could not help. Oh well, my hubby loves me, bad breath and all. But I do wish I could get rid of it! It is so embarrasing knowing that my breath reaks!

thats terrible .. so sorry !