I get the same thing also. Thank god I found this post I thought I was coughing up pieces of my lung(lol) they are the worst smelling things I every smelled. Every time I cough they shoot out my mouth into my hand. I even wash my hands afterward, and my hands still smell. My throats been hurting lately, and the things have been coming up more often. Once they come up it feels better. They started out as Beebe size, now there like a group of them all clinged together. DISCUSTING.....

It smells like someone took a dump in my mouth, for these things......

I would get another opinion especially since it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Whatever you do, don't start smoking again! I smoked for 40 years and it's beginning to take a toll on every part of my body! BE Strong!

They can also be caused by eating dairy products...milk, cheese, yoghurt...etc..  the dairy will sit in the little pockets/crevices in your throat until you cough up/dislodge the putrifying item....you should gargle or otherwise rinse/wash your throat regularly to prevent tonsoliths

So, I've been getting these before I ever started smoking.. I had a lot of stomach problems as a kid, and my G.I. doctor even had me save a sample of this that I described at the time as a "smelly, squishy, green pea-sized chunk of stuff" for him, but he never gave me a conculsive answer on this thing.. I didn't know what they were until today when I decided I'd give it a Google. The funny thing is, I've never even had tonsilitis, but the past eight years, I've been a heavy smoker. Don't know if that has anything to do with it? These are quite easily some of the nastiest things I've ever smelled. I usually feel like they're caught in my throat and a forceful cough gives way to these. Now that I know what they are (TONSIL STONESSS) and where they come from and how to treat them, I'm relieved.

I'm almost 13 but I have the same problem for almost 2 years help I guse

I don't have my tonsils and haven't for a while! This is the first time I've ever seen any thing like this and I felt it in my throat

I used to cough these things up all the time, I had no idea what it was. Over a year ago I stopped eating any dairy products for other health reasons, since then I have not coughed one stinky lump, so my conclusion is that they are caused by eating dairy products.

Man this is such a relief. I have had these "stones" forever but would spit them out maybe once every few years. I cannot see my tonsils nor had them removed. I quit smoking months ago and noticed that they have happened a lot since then. I thought it was something serious, like part of my lungs.

I'm lactose. I have had them all my life.

its partially digested food it is nothing to worry about

Jajaja man I thought the same thing jaja

I am really worried, I had one of these today and I'm only 14 and this is the first one I have ever had. Please help ?????

Don't worry. It's just bacteria, dead stuff, that is a natural way our bodies work. Unfortunately, theyy stink. Really bad. I just poke at my tonsils a bit with the pointed end of m toothbrush when I start to notice the smell and it loosens and I can cough it up. For some reason, I can't help but squeeze it and smell it before washing it down the drain. You will probably always have this problem.

I never used to get these things but a few years ago I got a very bad case of Streptococcus (STREP Throat). During this infection one of my tonsils plugged and would not drain that resulted in a week stay in the hospital with some very strong antibiotics. Not long after I developed these disgusting little smelly stones and now have to use my finger with mouth wash to clean them out. I have also notices that my tonsil that was plugged feels larger than the other and when I push on it I get nasty tasting fluid from it. I think that this is what creates the stones. I think the only way to get rid of them is to have the tonsils cut out.