Celebrity
Hi Kittie and welcome to the boards :-D
There are lots of great people here who like to help so please post more. You are far from alone and the good news is you can get rid of your panic attacks if you learn to counter your thoughts and put things back into perspective :-D

I was a mess until I started doing the TEA forms daily and learned to think in ways that prevented my anxiety and panic attacks. If you stick with them you will see results pretty quickly but you need to stay on top of your thoughts.

Celebrity
Are you feeling any better now Kittie? I hope that you are :-D

I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, though i havent spoken to my doctor about it. I dont belive in the drugs they give you, i've found that its all a matter of positive thinking. Not working, and not socialising/interacting can make it alot worse. Try and figure out what triggers the attacks, I found that being put in the spotlight- or being in the centre of a group made me freak out, you just have to tell yourself that your ok and try and relive yourself of the emotions that run through you. If you've suffered from trauma or have had something happen to you, you CAN over come it. Ive been through alot, and its just a matter of assuring yourself that your going to be OK and taking control of the mind. drugs are for the weak, you dont need them. its all a matter of eating right, thinking positive and changing your environment to suit and make you comfortable. dont do drugs, dont smoke dope or drink alcohol, cos its only going to make it worse! XO

Lucy, I was very skeptical when I was first having panic attacks but positive thinking is VERY effective. If you're skeptical, just give it a try. It really does help out a lot!

i have this feeling of anxiety right there all day long! it wont go away, its not like an anxiety attack its just like being on the edge of one 24/7. i will wake up and i can feel it. i use to smoke to numb the feeling, but i quit smoking(POT) four weeks ago. i ran out and couldnt get it due to being in another state and as soon as i got back i got super stoned and had one!! a big one hadnt had one in like a year before that. now im constanly afraid. on the verge. i pray i do everything just to stop.
doctors put me on xanex .5 mill. which isnt alot and i only take half of those when i get that gross feeling! i know im depressed to and that dont help anything. im scared to be put on any kind of anti depressant becuase of all the bad side effects they have given me(make me go even crazier).
i just dont know what to do anymore. some days i will be fine other days are just horrible. i havnet really had an attack in a few weeks..well if theres minor atttacks ive had those. not really anxiety attack jsut that horrible feeling! lost!!not really there! just horrible bad thoughts! im going to a psychiatrist next week to talk to someone about it and maybe they can figure it out cause i cant.
they are taking away my life. I sit there and think about when my next one is gonna be and if its gonna be bad. i dont know how to exactly explain it, i know alot of it is from the pot and im just not normal yet! sometimes i just wanna smoke agagin so i can become numb but then im scared that will just make me have another one ya know! i was on the addiction forum but im not really suffering from the addiction as much just the anxiety and paranoia. i know it goes away with time but how long.

i mean ive been reading some of these posts and some of yall have had these for years. i know i had it before i smoked well i think i did anyways i know i was depressed for sure. i dont wanna feel like this for forever!

oh and this is the only thing that really helps is just typing about it adn reading everyone elses but then sometimes it scares me and i start haing that stupid feeling

As someone who's been there and done that with panic attacks, they DO NOT last forever. I swear to you. But you do have to be willing to make yourself uncomfortable and scared. You have to face what's causing the panic attacks. Does that help at all?

i was seeing a therapisst but i moved now im trying to find a new one.. i think what causes alot of mine right now is that im a hypocaudriac i will sit here and scare the sh*t out of myself thinking i have everythign wrong with me. i use to smoke to numb that sh*t. now i have to face it and its hard.i just wish a stupid thereapist would get me an appointment. but alot of them are booked for a whole month or have to review my case to see if im worth seeing. anxiety sucks it was gettting better and then i had to go out all weekend adn drink with my friends now im tired and the anxiety is just itching to come out again. its been a month since my last horrible attcak. now i jsut get minor ones i guess. errr i know im getting better though i keep telling myslef that in hopes that happy thinking and good thoughts will make this go away. and everyone says mind over matter keep thinking horrble things and thats whats gonna happen. i was even reading a book about it. if you think positve positive things will happen or at least you will start seeing the positive instead of the neg, ive always been a cup half empty instead of half full well more like there aint sh*t in that cup everythign is worthless. ive been trying to think happy thoughts. and its helping but im inpatient and just want to be better now RIGHT NOW

Well I don't know what you're doing to deal with thea nxiety or whatever coping tools you have there, but bear this in mind--hypochondria is just anxiety. If you can deal with one, you can deal with both. Trust me, it really helps a lot and that's coming from a guy who's sort of hypochnodriac himself. I hope that helps! Keep me posted!

yeah it helps....im having a bad day....hate them!! just depressed and blah. my anxeity is actually okay. i woke up and i felt it there but now as the day is going on its dieing down a bit! everyone is just irritating the hell outa me! im a tid bet annoyed with everyone today. no one can say anything right without upsetting me. im woundering if its just cause im a girl ya know.....

i just dont get anxiety, how it works and all of that. i mean i know some stuff but sometimes im woundering what im feeling is anxiety. its hard to just type down and describe it and it would take awhile. i wish i could just get a damn pshychiatrist, but my husband just got a new job and i dont even know when our insurance starts up!! im living at my moms and we dont have a car due to it being totaled..everything has just happened so quick and i dont know how to deal with so much at once anymore since im not smoking, i cant just numb out all of this c**p, i have to deal with it. its pretty hard.
and i hate myself for being worried about all this stuff cause i look at myself and say ppl have it so much harder what the hell are you complaingin about.

I know exactly how you are feeling. I have really been suffering lately with my panic attacks. I honestly feel like Im going to die and how can you not obsess and worry about that!? I have found something that has helped tremendously and it is a really old medicine practice called Ayurveda. My boyfriend and I went to see this medicine man and we both had incredible skepticism and a sense of humor about it. My boyfriend has suffered from acid reflux disease since he was a young teen. Throwing up 5 out of 7 mornings of the week. The doctors loaded him up on all those prescription drugs for it that have a huge warning on them "DO NOT TAKE FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS" and he had taken them for 10 years. Sorry to ramble but please read on, i promise its worth it. The Ayurveda medicine man told him to take 1 oz. aloe vera gel 3 times a day before each meal and 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder with H2O. After 2 days of taking this, he has completely been relieved. His new quality of life is priceless. so there's one success story for the ayurveda. I went to see the medicine man for my anxiety and I also wanted to gain weight. Now everyone is different and will need variations or tweaking from what has helped me. When the attacks are daily or very frequent, a massage once to twice a day with sesame oil. When the attacks are on a hiatus and its just anxiety, a massage 2-3 times a week with sesame and coconut oil (2:1). Everyone has different energies though, I am pita/vata, therefore those are the oils for my energy. Also when the anxiety is bad take 4 drops of rescue remedy in H2O by bach (get it at your local health food store, its in a vile). Before bedtime, if you have bad dreams (especially good for post traumatic stress), take star of Bethlehem by bach, 3 drops in H2O. When the anxiety and/or the attacks are prevalent you should NOT eat raw foods (ex: no raw veggies), no dry foods (such as potato chips) and NO cold beverages ( I know, I know, weird), fresh ginger tea is great for anyone. Also keep your neck, head and chest warm. Breathing exercises help out a lot too. Breathe in and out deeply but slowly. As you breathe in say SO and as you breathe out say HUM ( don't say it out loud). Another breathing exercise is alternating nostrils along with SO/HUM. Also try to cut down the amount of television and computer use. Like the medicine man said to me everything is fine in moderation. Another thing is that it is common for panic attacks to occur more often or just start to manifest themselves during a season change, especially a drastic one. Since this is something in the mind that manifests into obsession and at times misery, it is very hard to control and often times it simply cant be, but with all of that listed above and just telling myself I AM going to be okay. I AM going to get through this. I CAN control this and I WILL overcome this, it really has helped. You must believe in yourself, you must cope any way you can and a positive and strong attitude is what keeps me going. When i went to doctor to have all kinds of tests done to rule out the possibility of something else the doctors considered "serious", it made me feel better to know that is was panic attacks because now I know that I really am okay and that Im really NOT dying. I can face it head on and it might be something I have to deal with for a long time but I know I can and I know we all can. So go find a Ayurveda medicine man please. It is hokey at first but give it chance because it has changed my life, the love of my life's life, my fathers alcoholism, stepmothers back problems (doctors wanted to do major surgery), and a good friends cirrhosis of the skin on her leg.

Celebrity
Great post and so true about hypochondria being the same anxiety animal. Once I was able to learn the cbt coping skills for my general anxiety I found the thought countering exercises like the TEA form worked equally as well on my health worries.

JR1 wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

I think most health worries are just heightened anxiety focused on our bodies so it makes sense that TEA forms would work well on them :idea:

Try one of the SSRIs. .Celexa or Venlafexine..Never mind cognitive therapy..does not work. Period.
Yes, there are weight gain side effects, however, if you are no longer paralyzed by panic attacks and phobias, it is worth it.