I have been having issues with anxiety for the past couple of years but I had my first full blown panic attack two days ago.. I am 30 years old and have been taking Zoloft... I now have adavain... nothing caused my panic attack. I was doing dishes in my kitchen... my heart started pounding, dizzness, sweating, fear, i felt like I was in a dream. I called my mother to tell her that I was calling the ambulance as I was home alone with my 2 year old... my older kids were at school and my husband was at work... my mum talked me through it and I didn't end up calling the ambulance... I REALLY thought that I was having a heart attack.. I cried for hours after.
Had a doctors appointment yesterday morning and she kinda just talked to me about it and told me to take adavain for the next couple of days... I thought that I was fine yesterday... so I didn't take any adavain... around 5pm on my way to pick my husband up from work... another one started... I tried to keep it away but after 20 minutes it kicked it full force... my children and husband were all in the car by then... my husband tried rubbing my back and telling me that everything was okay but that just made it worse...
just thinking about it is making me feel anxious... I don't want to leave my house because I am afraid it will happen in a store or while I am driving again... i feel so alone.. is this really going to be a daily thing??
After reading up on these a little more I now realize that when I was a teenager I use to have the same thing happen at night... .with no cause... I feel like I am going out of my mind and I think my husband and children are thinking the same thing... which just makes it so much worse...

I am so afraid that this is going to happen all the time... the second one was not quite as bad as the first but still scary to say the least... everytime my heart starts racing I just thing "oh no" but I am sure that I am making it worse...

What do I do?? Is all that I can do is take the meds and deal with it??

Just looking for some advice as I don't know anyone else with this problem :-(

I would advise learning coping skills in cbt. You have to interupt the thoughts that lead to panic and anxiety and replace them with more oibjective thoughts. The tea form exercise in the cbt book by sam obitz is real simple and effective if you do them regularly. Good luck and you can beat them !

The cbt exercise the tea form has helped me immensely since I read the Obitz cbt book and started using them. I have begun to ween off my meds and that's going well and I am optimistic I will be med free soon :-D

Celebrity
Sweaty I hope your weaning has been going well. Let us know how you are doing and keep up the good work!

I am on a nearly negligible dose of my meds and I'm feeling good so I think I will be complettely off in a few weeks if things continue to go well :-D

Celebrity
That's great. Please keep me posted :-D

JR1 wrote:

That's great. Please keep me posted :D

I've been completely off all meds for six days now and so far it's been going good! I'm getting more confident each passing day :D

It's me Jr1... System won't lety me log in? Keep getting this error: Could not insert data into users table

Good for you Sweaty

I hope things have continued to go well for you and please give me an update?

Sweaty wrote:

JR1 wrote:

That's great. Please keep me posted :D

Great job sweaty! Keep doing your tea forms because if you do you will feel even better! How about an update. Are you still med free? Still feeling good? I hope so :D

Thanks Jaylene! I am doing great really better all the time with a few bumps along the way but nothing major :-)
JR1 the reason I was having trouble loging in was it is case sensitive. Give that a try and see igf it works for you :-D

thanks

The TEA forms have changed my life. I cannot believe how far I have come already. I am finally living mostly in the moment thanks to them and it feels awesome.

One word of advice regarding the book by Obitz though. It's an awesome book but ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed charges ridiculous prices for it so don't buy it there. I got mine through it's website brand new in a few days for one eighth the price they offer it for ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Sorry I did not know posting websites was not allowed... The site I said not to buy it on is amazon as they charge outrageous prices.

yes i would love to chat about the attacks.

Hi, I've been having a lot of symptoms that are very close if not actual panic attack symptoms. They started about three months ago and have become more and more frequent. At first I mainly experianced light chest pains that would go away quickly but left me feeling weak and short of breath. This happened at first every few days. I overlooked it for about a month as I thought it was nothing. Next, the feelings became stronger and lasted much longer. I took the first step to go to the doctor and found that my blood pressure was running really high and my pulse was semi high as well. I thought that this was the cause of how I had been feeling. The doctors put me on blood pressure medicine and my blood pressure has went down, however these feelings of chest pains, nervousness, shortness of breath, high pulse rate, and light headedness have become a daily thing and I get so scared everytime that I don't know what to do. The doctors have run blood work, done an EKG, and still have me on blood pressure medicines, which does help my blood pressure, but my pulse races almost constantly and I'm constantly trying to search for answers only to find an endless possibility of serious conditions. I fear each day that it may be my last however I wake up again each day only to feel the same as I did the day before. The doctors so far have found nothing wrong, but I still feel like I'm dieing. Does anyone else feel like this? Could this all be panic attacks or anxiety symptoms? Is this how anxiety or panic attacks start out? This all started around the end of February when my sister had to have emergency open heart surgery due to a pulmonary embolism and almost didn't make it. My family has a history of heart problems that started around the age of 30 for most of them and I also fear that this may be what is happening to me, however the doctors and cardiologists so far haven't been able to come up with any solutions and all my blood work and CT scan have come back good. I don't know what to do and I'm hoping that I may find some possible answers here or atleast find someone who has experianced the same things as I've been experiancing.  Thanks