I'm so happy to have found this! I am a multiple times a day panic sufferer, too. Lucky for me, it just started 8 months ago with a  near death experience. About 2 months ago I was diagnosed with PTSD and put on Wellbutrin and Xanax. Initially, it seemed like it helped. Recently, the panic started to occur multiple times a day, with constant anxiety between occurances. I am a stay at home mom with 4 young children. Luckily, this has no financial impact, but the impact on myself and my family is HUGE! My poor children have to deal with mommy not feeling right and so I have guilt in addition to the rest of it all. Please give me any/all advise possible. I am scheduled to start therapy in 2 weeks. However, 2 weeks feels like an eternity right now. I honestly don't know if I can handle this another few days!!! I am calling my psych tomorrow in hopes of getting in this week to see him. Oddly, it doesn't seem as if there is any "triggers" at all. My kids can be driving me crazy acting like baffoons, and I'll be totally fine. Then other times, the babies are all asleep and my heart starts racing and I can't breathe - for no reason at all?!?!?

Let me know if you have any questions about CBT. It has helped me immensely.

I'm available to answer CBT questions too. The TEA forms especially have helped me so much that I can't believe how far I have come and I think I am still getting better all the time.

If doctors look hard enough they will find something that they think causes your panic attacks. Trust me I was stuck in that conundrum. The bottom line is that Panic attacks rarely if ever have a physical cause. They do cause physical symptoms, but it's the way we inappropriately react to those symtoms that cause the panic attacks. I have never heard of a person being cured of their anxiety by a doctor. You need CBT where you learn to interrupt and correct your inappropriate way of thinking if you want to get rid of them. I have been med free for a year and feeling amzing thanks to CBT and the TEA form exercise.

This is sooo true! Really appreciate you posting this Sweaty!

Sounds like you are really coming along too :)

I am new here. Just found rhis actually. Have been having daily anxiety issues a.d panic attacks. In and oyt pf ER 4 times over past week thinking I am having a heart attack erc. They gave me ativan which worked well but now I am getting immune to it and need 2 at a time to help start the calming process. Tried to start lexapro but it made me really faint and potassium deficient. Been seeing a therapist and reading all tge anxiety books but nothing seems to work. Wanna get a spect scan to see if my basal ganglia is over productive

Jaylene wrote:

Sweaty wrote:

YW Jaylene. I am better than I ever imagined I could be and hope it continues. How are you doing?

I started having panic attachs about 5 years ago. First started in the car, then the store, sitting in a quite room, now all of these but also anytime I am alone, because I think I will pass out and nobody will be there. So can't just stay home when I fear going somewhere. Three years ago a naturuopath tested my blood and found out that I have to much histamine in my blood which means adrenaline regularly flows into my blood. Histamine is counter reacted with adrenaline. I started taking 2000mg of buffered vitamin C and methianie (an amino acid). For two years I live panic free, but stopped my regular use of these suppliments. My adrenal system was in near failure becuase of regular caffine and alcohal use. (not excessive, but daily coffee and 4-5 glasses of wine a week) Now anytime I add caffine or to much alcohal to my system in live in a state of anxiety, boardering on panic all day. Now I am working on getting my kidneys and liver back in order. I am a work in progress, regularly checking in with what I put in my body and how it effects my panic/anxiety. What I realized is it got worse last year at this time (I keep journals). So I think next year I will have to be proactive.

I loved seeing that other people create safe places and people. I have them everywhere, at work, neighbors, my daughter and boyfriend. I am grateful that I can openly talk about it and ask for help. It helps! I am a teacher, and while teaching I am ok, but the minute I am alone with my thoughts the fear of panic is present. Flutters fill my days. Funny lighting, funny smells, chemicals. I now realize that people with anxiety are hyper sensitive people, which was good in other times, but in over stimulating times we are at a disadvantage.

Thank you all for being here, for sharing, for letting me know I am not alone.

You are welcome and know that with some effort on your thoughts in the TEA forms you can feel as good as I do now!

Happy new year!

i def know. ive dealt with panic attacks an anxiety for the past &yrs an an its still hard but i have such a caring family that im very blessed! let me know how ur doin. take care!

That is how it works for me as well, sometimes out of nowhere. I recently got back into therapy with a woman who specializes in CBT and EMDR. EMDR has done amazing things for me! I can not consume any caffeine and limit alcohol to once a week no more then two drinks. With these changes I have had no panic attacks recently and have minimized my anticipatory anxiety to once every week or so. Feels good. Know there is hope, it can change.

im so glad im not the only one. ive been looking for support groups but there cant find any where i live :$ my first attack came 3 months ago. ive been in constant fear ever since. its affecting my marriage my kids friends and family think im just acting out for attention. which makes me feel just horrible. its hard when no one understands what you're going thru on a daily basis. ive tried meditating, breathing exercises, i try to steer clear of any meds as to my body is extremely sensitive but when its completely out of control, ill take half an ativan. i feel like everyone is turning their back on me. which makes it even worse on my anxiety. idk what to do anymore. any suggestions would be helpful

Hi I am a 24 year old mum ov two and I have panic attacks daily as soon as I wake up could any one give me some advice please .

Kolonopin and Xanax are great medications the treat anxiety and panic attacks

Celebrity

Really good post Sweaty. I hope you are continuing to to thrive. I can't believe how much time has passed since I recommended CBT and the book by Sam Obitz to you. It seems like it was just a few months ago. Time flies! Keep up the good work :)