Hello! My question is short but I have to write about what triggered those questions. Thanks in advance for taking time out to read and replying.

I am a first year Masters student who is eternally (wouldn't say it is the wrong word) anxious and thus stressed. This all started in July, after I completed my graduation. I had a job offer at one of the big four accounting firms, albeit at a package I didn't like. At the same time, I also had the option of going for Masters because of my graduation score being too good. I decided to go for Masters because of the following reasons:

A. My parents were against me working immediately after graduation, and they left no stone unturned to make me conform to their thinking.

B. I didn't like the annual salary which the company that offered me the job was offering me, so I got tilted towards pursuing a Masters. But, the course wasn't anywhere near to what I thought it would be. Since I got admission in the same University from which I graduated and it is one of the best universities in the country and my parents' dream university for the course, I had expectations. There were 200 students in my class and the teachers didn't take any special interest in teaching. Consequently, I stopped attending classes at all, didn't interact with anybody, and sat at home regretting my choice. Three months passed.

Come exam time, and I felt overwhelmed by the amount of syllabus and diificulty level, which were 20 times as comapred to those during under-graduation. I decided to give up.

Now, I have an exam tomorrow of which I don't know a word. I know that I am going to fail, but can't stop over-thinking (yes, right!) about it. I feel like crying and cursing myself for making a wrong decision that can affect my career adversely.

I know it is all my fault - not attending classes - but don't know how to prepare myself mentally for the remaining three semesters. Also, I think it is my parents' fault as well for not having been as excited and happy as I was when I got the job.

I don't know what to do now. I need some guidance or rebuke, whichever I deserve.

you deseve an applause,cause i think your working hard to achive you goals and dreams,i think you should keep up the hard work, if you need someone to listen,feel free to ask me

Thank you, malo, for replying!

I wish to know if my parents are at fault here or is it me or is it none?

i dont know much about you or your parents ,i really dont want to put blame on either ,i know your going through a stressful time in your life ,and it seems like your focusing to much in your studys,i know its importand for you to get a good education,but you also have to focus on the simply things in life, we all make wrong dession ,at one point in life ,but you dust yourself off and keep on going ,thats just part of life,focus on what you do right ,and positve things instead of focusing on the negitive thing,you might have to work on your self esteem,you need to remind yourself each day your a good person ,you are somebody,and say all the positive stuff about you ,so relax ,take it easy ,and try to enjoy life a little better,tell me how it goes ,im willing to listen

Thank you so much, malo, for replying. I read your reply thrice and really appreciate each and every word of it. I will surely incorporate what you said in my daily routine. Yes, I would like to tell you. Also, you, too, feel free to talk to me if anything that bothers you or has been bothering you. I would willingly listen. I don't know if e-mail ids can be exchanged here. How can I reach out to you?

im just wondering ,and i like to ask you a personal question ,are you male or female,not that it matters but iwould really like to know

I am a 21 year old male.

you know im male too right?

I didn't until now. That's fine with me.

I apologize for having replied so late. I was studying for my exams that got finished today.

send me your email if you want

Ignore the guest reply because I had forgotten to log in before replying. :-)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use