Ok, so I have been going to the gym for about a month in a half now and I have lost about 10 lbs so far. My current weight is 309 I was 324. I do about 50 to 60 mins of cardio mostly treadmill at a speed of 3.0 and incline of 2.5. So my question is what else should I be doing. Do i need to do wieght training as well because I don't want saggy skin but I dont want to be gaining to much muscle while I'm trying to loose weight. I read you first need to loose belly fat and then do crucnhes and that doesn't seem correct to me. Anywho I love is website and the ppl here are so positive. So let me know guys. Thx in advance and have a wonderful day!! :-D

Hi! Congratulations on your weight loss progress, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :-D I also believe that you should lose all extra weight before starting wight training, wait until you're under 220 ibs then start with weight training, until then continue doing cardio that's the fasted way you'll burn fat. Good luck.

Thx April but what about the sagging of skin? I mean should I be toning a little while on this weight loss journey?

Yes, I understand your concern but I think that you'll need a little more than just a weight training. Maybe your skin type wont sage at all, but you can never know that. You can exfoliate your skin daily to encourage removal of dead skin cells, have a hot hour-long bath once or twice a week, a gym or a personal trainer can also give a couple of good advices. There are many product that can improve your skin's elasticity, so you can read about that too. Fingers crossed :-D

Weight training is not essential for weight loss, but it is a great idea if you wish to include it.

You can actually build muscle from cardiovascular exercise if it is intense enough (HIIT is a good example). Since you are moving your body's weight, you may even think of it as a form of weight training if you like.

Using numbered weights of increasing intensity to hypertrophy muscles and fill in the area under your loosening skin is a great idea. It will also help in burning energy and maintaining weight loss and building confidence.