I’m 19 years old and 30 pounds overweight. I’m trying really hard to avoid junk food as much as I can, but since I also have big problems with anxiety and depression I’m also on medications which make me constantly hungry so it's really hard to control how much I eat.

That’s why I’m thinking to try following 17 day Moreno diet, since it has clearly stated allowed foods and is supposed to work mostly on teaching your metabolism to work faster. What I’m not sure though is, will the 17 day diet really work for me?

I can totally relate to what you're going through. ever since I had to start taking Effexor for my depression I gained like 10 lbs in like 20 days and it only seems to be continuing. My appetite is through the roof now.

From what I know, 17 day diet is called that because you're supposed to switch up your diet every 17 days and that should get your metabolism to work differently because, as teh author of the diet claims, your metabolism won't know what's coming next. There are no good research to support that claim, but one of my friends is on that diet on and of for some time now and she has lost some weight, but to be honest, I don't really know how will it work for you or me since the meds simply make you hungry no matter how much you try to stave off the cravings .

the first 17 days of Moreno diet are very similar to the Atkins diet - you have to eliminate almost, if not all, carbohydrate foods (wheat products, fruits, vegetables...) from your meals, and you have to stick to about 1200 calories daily - and that is enough for your body to start burning the stored fat. In the later stages of the diet you can start eating some of the foods that you weren't allowed before, and you're even allowed few extra 'cheat meals'. So, the tough part here is the first, strictest part of the diet, but that is what's necessary to give a signal to your body to start burning the stored fat.