Hello. I need to buy shoes for my first marathon. I know there are certain parameters about the way of choosing them. Can you tell me on what should I ground my choice and how to buy the most comfortable marathoning shoes? As you may see, Im not a pro so I need all the possible explanations. Thanks in advance.

Thats a very important decision, because your comfort and performance depend to the great extent on the shoes you pick. First thing to do is to determine what foot type you have. Generally speaking, there are three kinds of foot type flat feet, normal feet and high- arched feet. As far as I know, flat-footed people usually have a problem to pick the right shoes because they have pains in their feet after a long walk, not to mention after running. So, when you recognize your foot type, you can go on choosing the sight shoe for you. For example, if youre a high arched type, you should choose cushioned, that is, soft shoes. If you have flat feet your kind of shoe is a rigid with motion control. And finally, if your feet are normal, you also need cushioned shoes.