Hi everyone ive been smoking pot for about a year and increasing in use in the past few months. the past few weeks i have been getting a lot of tightness in the facial muscles and around the neck. also after smoking i always seem to have at least a 99 degree fever. i have seen alot of new stuff on how cannabis use can cause strokes and have become very worried that i am showing signs of having small strokes. does anyone know if this is related or not plz help.

There is indeed evidence that marijuana can, in very rare cases, be a risk factor for stroke.

Warning signs of stroke are: sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body, sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding, sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes, sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination, sudden, severe headache with no known cause.

If you experience any of these symptoms, especially after smoking weed, you should seriously call 9-1-1 immediately. Don’t take your tightness in the facial muscles and high fever lightly though. You should make an appointment with your doctor ASAP and explain the symptoms so they can give you a once-over. And be completely honest! I smoke weed too and I told both of my doctors so they can factor that in when diagnosing any possible future health issues.

Hope this helps!

I'm not a doctor, but think you should definitely see a doctor... A fever could indicate something serious, maybe more serious than smoking pot... if you use medical marijuana you shouldn't smoke unnecessarily or at all if possible.