Would anyone care to do a review of the Dr. Bernstein's The diabetes diet? I ask about this because I have been considering the Dr. Bernstein's The diabetes diet for a while now, but I don't know anybody who has been on the diet for a while, and I really need to know how other people are getting on with it before I start. Any volunteers?

hey I did dr bernstine diet. in the begining it was very hard to give up carbs. I had to drink lotsss of water. I lose weight fast but as soon as i try to get off the diet the weight came right back. i was so sad and depressed to see the weight come back that i would throw up my food :(... its really sad. 

I wasn’t on the diet, but my friend was. And I know from his stories it’s not an easy diet. But when you get used to it is fine. I know he had to know how many carbohydrates where in every food that he eats. He mentioned something of 6-12-12 gram model. I think it stand for 6 grams of carbs in the morning, 12 for lunch and 12 for dinner. His main problem is when we go for a dinner or go to some party. He can’t eat many things before he does the calculation.
I think you should try this and see how it goes. You can always go back to your regular diet if things don’t work out.