I’ve been trying to lose excess of 100 lbs for years now, but I just don’t seem to be able to control myself when it comes to food. Not to mention, my depression surely adds to the whole problem, but feeling like a whale makes me even more depressed, so it’s just going in circles.

This year I finally want to change that and even though I’m still researching, I’m pretty sure I’ll go for dr Bernstein diet, mainly because I hope that the money I’ll be paying and the strict rules will help me a lot. But what worries me though is that ⅘ people who don’t go on their maintenance program gain all the weight back, so I’m wondering how much would that cost me?

from what I’ve heard from a friend who did dr Bernstein diet program in Canada, the maintenance program lasts a year and it includes one weekly shot of B vitamins, and depending on whether you reached your goal weight or not, you also have an option to continue on strict diet maintenance or ‘regular’ one which allows you to introduce more foods into your diet. Each week has cost her roughly $150 Canadian, but you also have a discounts if you pay for 6 months up front or similar.

Hello pollys,

are you currently on any treatment for your depression? It's quite common for several major anti depressants to cause significant weight gain if you have been taking them for longer time, so maybe that's one important thing to consider, as well.

As far as the prices for dr Bernstein diet and maintenance program go, you can expect the cost to be up to $200 during a whole year of maintenance program. The issue that you will be left even after you go through that program is - what if you start gaining weight after maintenance? The main issue with dr Bernstein diet is that it does offer you quick results, but it doesn't teach anything about healthy lifestyle or even includes physical activity as a part of a program.

I am currently on Paxil (about a year now) and before that I was on Prozac for two years. I'm quite aware that antidepressants probably contributed a lot to my weight gain, but even though I'm taking them and I have regular counseling sessions I just don't have much motivation to do anything.

I don't want to go to the gym and look like a whale, but the excess 100 lbs are starting to cause me problems with blood pressure, so I really need to do something to get rid of this weight. That's why dr Bernstein diet is so compelling, because you can lose 20 lbs in a month.

Thanks for your replies!