I am considering having a rhinoplasty with Dr. Thomas Loeb in NYC. He didn't suggest major changes: basically, my nose needs to be lowered, thinned a bit, and the tip refined (I have somewhat of a bulbous tip). I don't have a bump or anything, but I have always felt my nose was a bit big and with the changes he suggested and showed me with the computer imaging, I thought it would look great.

I've met with Loeb and one other doctor locally (in Westchester, NY) and am leaning toward Loeb as he seems more "renowned" so I would just feel more comfortable placing my nose in his hands (haha). I've tried searching this forum and the rest of the internet for info on Loeb, and while I haven't found anything at all negative, I haven't found all that much info period. He's recommended by various people along with other surgeons, but it doesn't look like anyone on here or elsewhere has personal experience with him. He is rated by NYMagazine/Castleconnelly as one of the top plastic surgeons in NYC (and he did Paula Jones' nose haha).

I am willing to pay any price for a great nose job, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience or knew anything about Dr. Loeb, or if I should see another surgeon in NYC (who is the best for rhinoplasty)? I really appreciate any responses!

Well, I am going in for a consult with Dr. Thomas W. Loeb in NYC and because I don't want to just take his word for it, I researched his background by purchasing a physician's report from healthgrades.com.
It cost around $40 but I think it was worth it to find out he has had three malpractice claims against him- two of which he settled, one in which a court decided to order a judgment against him and make him to pay the patient. Obviously no one is perfect so if he shows me fabulous rhinoplasty work that he has done on many many people then I wouldn't hesitate to get mine done by him. Besides, who knows what those malpractice suits were really about, it could be anything, from misconduct, to overprescribing drugs - something not related to his actual quality of work. I just care that he will do a great job on my nose. If he has been consistently turning out good noses then he's the doc for me.

Computer imaging is just that and only that. It is a faise sense of what you will get.

I went to him and the end result was LESS than perfect-My nose is basically collapsed on one side b/c he must have forgotten to work on that side-he agreed it could use a "re-do" but I am too horrified to go under the knife again. I would not recommend this doctor.

I had a great experience with Dr. Loeb who was able to transform my nose, which before had big bump and rounded tip. The result was amazing, natural looking and perfect! He is without a doubt one of the most experienced and skilled surgeons out there, highly recommended. He also has a beautiful office and operating and recovery rooms right in Manhattan.

I see that this post started over a year ago, but if you are like me, you'd take over 10 years to research and pick the best physician. So, if you are still considering I hope this information helps. After going through about twenty consults to numerous doctors I finally saw Dr. Loeb's work on someone and ultimately chose to go to him for a nose job. His work (or masterpiece) totally exceeded my expectations. I had a looooong deviated nose with a hump. With only 1 surgery and no complications - my nose is straight, perfect size and simply IDEAL. I am VERY happy I chose him over million other surgeons in NY.
I, too, discovered his lawsuits/malpractice information before I went in to speak to him, then I learned of nature of those suits and realized that they had absolutely no relation to his ability to touch and perfect my nose.
His facility is top of the line, and the anesthesiologist was great. Staff is very helpful. He also has a wonderful personality. He made me feel very comfortable, and answered all my concerns even when I reached him on a holiday. And he doesn't try to sell you other "necessary" surgeries as other "world renown" Manhattan surgeons did. Dr. Loeb is more than a doctor, he is a perfect sculptor. Or a magician.

I've heard some pretty good things.

I had my breasts done by Dr. Loeb and they look absolutely beautiful. I had them done after having my two children- they were sagging from all the breastfeeding. What Dr. Loeb gave me is exactly what I wanted! My own family can't tell and has never asked me if my breasts are real or not- even after seeing me in swimwear and/or naked. I definitely would trust him to perfect my wonky nose just as soon as I get the nerve to work on my face! Great surgeon with gifted hands... 

What was the cost of the rhinoplasty procedure with Dr. Loeb?

I was going to look at Loeb as well but was scared by the person who said there were some lawsuits against his practice. I do think they all have some bad reviews and it is so hard to know what to do. I finally just had my rhinoplasty 4/23/14 after deciding on Dr. Pastorek. I just got my cast off and am so happy with my result even with the swelling, I love it!! He did such a great job for me. It is so scary making a choice between these surgeons. I was on all of these boards and was so confused, trying to figure out what was best and now I want to come on and tell everyone about my great experience to help others make good choices for that are right for them. Pastorek didn't do imaging and I'm glad because I think it can give a false expectation. During my consult he gently lifted my nostrils from the inside with q tips and manipulated my nose to show me what it would look like. He held a pencil parallel to the top of my nose to cover my hump and show me what my new straight nose would look like.i am probably not explaining it well but it gave me a good idea of my result because he was working with what's in my nose and what I have. He is very talented. Very knowledgable. I am extremely happy I chose to have my rhinoplasty with him -my nose is very natural looking but still fits my face. He is a very skilled surgeon. Good luck everyone!! I hope that no matter whom you choose you all are happy with your result and maybe this helps you a little :)

Dr. Loeb did my breasts after I had my children and they look amazing. Nobody ever thinks they've been done! I am going to him for a long awaited nose job. The nose gets bigger over time and I know Dr Loeb has the hands of an artist. I trust he will sculpt my nose so well that I will ask myself why I waited so long!! 

i think he's a great surgeon and know people he did rhinoplasty on. You can see his website before and after photos

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Please tell me how to find out malpractice suits for bad work.
Dr. Loeb turned me away.
I was butchered by another doctor, as well, and want to make him refund me--he DESTROYED my nose and breathing.

Scheduled for revision Rhinoplasty with Dr. Pastoek, still nervous and seeking other opinions. Everyone has good and bad reviews. Would love to see pictures.

Hi Julia, I just had surgery with doctor Loeb and I'm sort of freaking out. Anyway you are willing to pm with me. It assures me that you had a good experience.