Hi. I have lost a lot of weight during the year. Now I have a problem with excessive abdominal skin. I am not sure what to do. I heard about abdominoplasty, but I was wondering are there any other options? How safe abdominoplasty is?

Hi. Abdominoplasty is not the only choice you have, but probably is the best solution for all who have lost a lot of weight and have a lot of excess skin. Many people who had abdominoplasty had no complications at all. However, every surgery has its` risks. I have problem with excessive abdominal skin too. It just keeps hanging from my belly and I am seriously considering surgery. I am not sure should I have liposuction or lower body lift. I think lower body lift may be the right choice for me.

Hello there flatten,

Well the worst thing is when you lose weight and when you notice that you have skin which is just hanging there like some foreign body part which is not yours. Unfortunately there are not so many things you can do about this except surgery. This is trauma for the organism but it is worth it. My mother did abdominoplasty two years ago and she is very satisfied with the whole procedure and the results.

Recovery is very fast and you don’t need to stay in the hospital more than one day. Also the things you need to do after surgery are not demanding so basically once you decide to do it you will know all the details.