I have just ordered an iPhone and iBGStar as some of my "toys" with my income tax refund.

That is a great thing if you can afford it to get a tool to help keep track of your blood sugars.  It downloads your glucose, insulin, and carbs so that it is easy to see the correlation between the three.  You and your health professional can then see any trends with the blood glucose fluctuations.  You are indeed also able to email any information you wish to your physician.  This makes it a valuable tool for anyone who wants to keep close documentation on their diabetic treatment and blood glucose levels.  

I have the iBGStar and it’s been a great resource for me in my diabetes management. I have a close relationship with my doctor so it is great to be able to easily send her the information I need to give her. I love the fact that I just need to do my blood sugar test and the device stores my bg results. I don’t have to write anything down; it all goes automatically into my meter. Then I just then hook the iBGStar into my iPhone and everything downloads into the phone. I can’t think of anything more easy than this! I would recommend it to anyone.