i'm 16, and recently after every time i eat something (like for instance, i just ate a small piece of chicken and a normal amount of salad), i don't feel like i'm over eating, and i know that i'm not, but after i eat, the top of my stomach gets really big and hard and bloated and i burp for over an hour uncontrollably and it hurts really badly.

this never used to happen to me before i started to mess with my eating and counting calories, i've been eating a very very unhealthily low amount of calories a day. but on the occassion i sit down for a meal with my family or something, no matter what i eat or how much of it, i get this problem.

i don't want anyone to reply telling me not to eat unhealthily like that, blah blah blah, i only added that because the onset of this problem came a few months after i started restricting. i just want to know if anyone else gets this problem, whether or not they have the same kind of eating history as i do.

does anyone know what this could be?!?! PLEASE help its so painful and makes me feel so fat and miserable

I'm 24 years old and have been having the same problems EXACTLY as you. In my high school years i was an anorexic, so I didn't eat as much as I should. I wanted to lose wait. The point is that right after the birth of my first child I realized that I needed to be more healthy and tried to start eating normally. I, too realized that no matter what I ate or how much I ate, healthy or not and not overeating anything, I too have the exact same symptoms that you describe. I recently had to go to the hospital because the pain was so unbearable from the gas. They did some blood work to make sure that all my major organs were fine, and everything came back normal (with the exception that I am slightly anemic from the pregnancies). I was told to see a GI specialist, but our insurance is so crappy that it would have cost me 3 to 400 dollars alone just for the first appointment. I don't have that kind of money to be spending when I have two small children at home. I was just hoping that if you see a doctor and get this resolved, you could maybe give me some advice and I would do the same for you. I am sorry that you are going through this, and believe me I am sorry to be in this state too, but I hope you get the solution to your problem that you are looking for. I know as well as anyone that there are some okay days and then there are some days that you just swear off food completely from the pain. Please, I will be looking on here everyday for your response, and again I wish you the best of luck. I will keep you posted if anything in my situation changes.

That sure sounds concerning. There are things you can do yourself to cure a bloated belly, things like not eating gassy foods or fatty foods, avoiding carbonated drinks, and not chewing chewing gum, but it sounds like this has been going on a while now, and I would be concerned enough to make a doctor's appointment I think.

Maybe food sensitivities are manifesting themselves and you could have celiac disease or a lactose intolerance? Or you have a parasitic infection? Or perhaps, even something like irritable bowel syndrome could be to blame? You won't know for sure unless you see a doctor so... do that. 

Iv got a similar problem,im 16 too and it seems that everytime i eat something i feel really bloated and my tummy gets quite hard but its only the top half of my stomach, i feel really fat and uncomfortable. Recently iv been eating more than what i used too and slowly going back to restricting the amount of food but i know its not anything to do with that. It scares me as it seems to get bigger and my back is starting to ache along with my ribs (i should say i have problems with my ribs so anything triggers them) if anyone could help me i would appreciate it.

Try apple code vinegar before meals Regalan to empty stomachs And Papaya enzymes daily !!

Have you been tested for hp pylori bacteria? This is probably a little late but if you're still having problems my mom has this really bad for over 16 years and its not fun!

I am Muhammad 16 yrs old and have same problem hade 12kg weight loss in a year or less