Hi. My Yorkshire terrier is having problems with his digestion. He has a bloated stomach. I don’t know why this is happening since he always had good eating habits (he never tended to overeat like many other dogs, no matter how much food I leave in front f him). He was always fed exclusively with high quality food, high in calorie and I should mention that he is still a puppy. So the food shouldn’t be the problem.

Can you tell me what could’ve caused this? And can you suggest me how to treat his bloated stomach at home? Thank you!

Hello darling. I am really sorry to hear this.

Tnx God there are so many natural remedies that can help you treat your puppies bloated stomach at home. The most effective are dietary changes.

When my Boo was bloated and down he didn’t want to eat anything. When he eats something he was throwing up immediately.

Because of it I stopped to feed him with foods for one day and I massaged his tummy whole day.

The next day I was feeding him with split peas, vegetables, chicken and ground turkey.

He was better after three or four days and since that day I am making a food for him.

What?? Your puppy has bloated stomach and you want to know about some natural remedies?

No way girl, you need to take that puppy to the vet as soon as possible! Bloated stomach in puppies is never a good sign.

I’m telling you this because someone needs to- there is a chance that your puppy will die because of this. It is a very serious condition. Just google bloated stomach in puppies and you will see. The most common cause is some type of parasites, usually worms.

Is the puppy in pain, is he throwing up?

Please, go to the vet as soon as you read this.

:O Oh my God, now I am totally freaked out.

Oshikuru please tell me you are not serious?? More people, please join the discussion, tell me he is wrong.

I googled ‘’bloated stomach in puppies’’ and all these pictures of stomach worms started appearing. But that doesn’t have to mean anything right?

It’s the same as when you google ‘’headache’’ and Google gives you ‘’brain tumor’’ on the front pages.

I’ll need to take him to the vet. I was hoping he just overate and that he will be better today. But his stomach is the same, still hard and bloated. :/

Yes I am deadly serious and no, I am not wrong.

You need to take that puppy to the vet.

I volunteered in a dog shelter about two years ago and I’ve seen many dogs die because of stomach worms, especially puppies. We didn’t have enough money collected to pay the veterinarians to do the surgeries and unfortunately many puppies passed away.

We achieved to save many of them too during those years, but the essential thing is to go to the vet as soon as you notice this. If you wait any longer, it might be too late. Go now.

Hello. I am always for natural remedies when it comes to this disease but I need to agree with Oshikuru. Totally! You should look up for pictures of dogs with bloated stomach and some things are going to be very clear to you. As soon as you see those pictures you will run away to see the vet. I am always optimistic when we are talking about diseases in dogs but this can be really serious. I agree that it can be worms, but it can be cancer as well. You can’t joke with it. It is not for homemade treatment.

Hey there. Are you serious? You still believe that your dog has problems with his digestive system? Think twice.
I will give you one example and I am sure that you will change your opinion when you read it. My maid of honor had this issue with her dog. She was sure that her dog ate something wrong and she was trying to heal him with some diet programs. For almost two weeks. When she saw that there are no improvements she took him to the vet. Well her dog had a cancer of bowels. He died three weeks after he was diagnosed with it.

Hi everyone,

Aren't you all a bit over exaggerating? These worms you are talking about, shouldn't her dog have already received a vaccine against them? How is this possible then?

I honestly believe that you shouldn't feed your dog anything for a day or so and by that act, you are letting his stomach take a rest and fix everything by itself. You might go easy with the food in the next day.

On the other hand, I don't want to be the one to blame if it really is something serious, if your dog doesn't get better in a day or two, take him to the vet, definitely.