Hello all, I am a man in his mid twenties. I have just started having sex (late start, I know......its a long, sad story that I jokingly refer to as my life). I am uncircumcised and have experienced pain during intercourse. My foreskin still covers my penis when erect so I have to pull it back. When it is pulled back it will go all the way behind the head but will get stuck. It sort of folds up down there and sex and/or contact with that area will cause some pain and discomfort. I literally have to pull the skin out from being folded up to get it back over the head of my penis. This has caused sex to not be very pleasurable and it makes it uncomfortable. As a result I have not been able to actually ejaculate during intercourse :-( .

Is it normal for the foreskin to bunch up and stay retracted like that? The pain and discomfort I feel is not from the head, although the head is sensitive it is used to contact from daily cleaning. The discomfort is from where the foreskin bunches up. I dont really pull my foreskin back during masturbation, so I have not been aware of this problem until now. I feel silly being as old as I am and having to ask these questions.. I really should know by now. I would rather not go to my doctor either, unless I have to, as I would feel kind of embarrassed. Could anyone offer me some advice? I am at a loss right now and would really appreciate it. Thanks much, in advance.

Firstly I'm not a doctor or sex therapist. I too am uncircumcised (my friend graham likes to call people like us 'Nozzle penises') I don't have any clear answers to your problem - just a couple of suggestions.

The foreskin does take a lot of punishment during intercourse - especially if it's a tight fit. One way to reduce this punishment might be to use a lubricant. KY jelly is a popular one and can be bought in any pharmacy.

Another idea might be to try using a condom. Yeah they can reduce the enjoyment of skin-on-skin sex but it should reduce any intercourse-chaffing which would further antagonise the problem.

All in all it doesn't sound too serious. I had a bit of foreskin pain when i first started having unprotected sex. I had some tearing of the banjo string (the bit where the foreskin connects to the underside of the head) and that was particularly painful.

All the best with it, i hope it all works out!!

I know this post is a little old now but I had the same problem in my 20's and marrid. When drawing my foreskin back over my flacid penis it was OK but i I tries to draw it back of my erection it would tear and leave me unable to have sex until t epaired and the same thing happened. The solution was circumcision involving the removal of the top 2cm or so of skin. I was not tightly cut so I still have some lose skin when allows movemengt up and down so I can still masturbate and be masturbated as normal. Never looked back. Just go t the doc and don'te embarrassed.

Hi all, Well even I am in my late 20s and similar and am a late starter for having sex. I too am uncircumcised and experience severe pain during intercourse. While pain is something which is manageable, I end up being concious about it and fail to enjoy having sex.

I am able to pull back my foreskin quite easily when its not erect and its only slightly difficult to pull it back when its erect, though I can sense lot of tightness towards the edge where the foreskin bunches up. I have always masturbated without pulling my foreskin back, so never had any problems so far. So once i started experiencing pain and tightness during intercourse, I tried masturbating with my foreskin back, but it seems too difficult to ejaculate. I dont have any problem ejaculating when my foreskin is not pulled back. While I am embarassed as well to ask these questions so late in my life, I hope I do get a solution as I am really not comfortable going to doctor with this problem at this age as I am still not sure if its a problem in the first place :(

Does using KY Jelly help ?

Will using KY Jelly help reduce the pain?

Two things:  

1.) There are foreskin stretching exercises you can do that will help with retraction.

2.) There are penis health cremes available that contain Vitamin E and shea butter that will hydrate your penis skin.

These two things together should help loosen up your foreskin a bit over time.  This should lead to better sexual experiences.  Good luck.  

Has it been fixed?
Do you have a solution for us?