After two years of blood tests continued to show an elevated bilirubin level, my doc sent me for a HIDA scan last week (I had previously had an abdominal CT scan and an untrasound all which were negative). The HIDA scan revealed a gallbladder ejection fraction of 26%. Several years ago I had major abdominal pain, bloating, pain in the URQ, etc., however I have not had any of those symptoms for over two years now. I am wondering if I should have the gallbladder removed. Can the symptoms return? Should I go ahead and have the surgery? Any advice would be helpful!

I am just wondering what you decided to do about surgery.  Did you go through with it and did it help your symptoms?  I am having similar problems and would love to know how your situation turned out.   Thank you.

When in doubt take it out. As surgery goes its not bad. I had mine out yesterday and Im going back to work Monday. Other than being sore and some constipation from the pian meds i feel fine. Went for a one mile walk with the dogs today. I am 55 years old and i have been having Reflux issues as well as a good size poylp in my gallblader. The reflux is gone and I feel fine. TAKE IT OUT YOU DONT NEED IT!!!!