My friend told me about grapefruit diet. I am surprised with this fact, because I have no idea it could be such healthy as she says. I have heard this is good for health, but I have never heard it could react this way. Can anyone tell me more about this; is it true what my friend keeps telling me?

Grapefruit diet has been floating around for a long time. Its popularity for so many years can be attributed to pseudo-science and good marketing copy; I cannot tell you which right cause is. This is one of those fad diets, which you can use to drop some quick pounds. Sad true is that like all fad diets, you need to recognize that it is deficient nutritionally and that you will gain back what you lose as soon as you get off the diet. Off course, this means you will gain back weight you had when you return to your old eating habits. Anyway, that would be your choice to decide if you are going to start with this diet or not. I can just tell you how to perform it by the roles. Take a half of grapefruit and plain coffee or tea for breakfast. For launch, take grapefruit plus two eggs, cucumber and tomato salad with vinegar, lemon and herbs dressing, and one piece of dry Melba toast and plain tea or water. For dinner, take half a grapefruit with 4-6 ounces of chicken or beef or ham slices. You can take and half a head of lettuce and a tomato with vinegar, lemon and herbs dressing.