I have friend who’s telling me he was on the New Mayo Clinic Diet for three weeks and lost 10 pounds. He needed this diet because his doctor recommended him. I really noticed he lose some weight, but I need confirmation this New Mayo Clinic Diet really works. As he said it looked he eat normally, so I would like to know how this diet works.

The New Mayo Clinic Diet is pure myth. There are various versions push grapefruit or eggs or meat and promise that is going to peel of pounds magically. This diet doesn’t originate at Mayo Clinic and is not approved by Mayo Clinic. These diets may promote temporary quick weight loss. However, they are not nutritionally balanced or a safe method of weight loss for long term success. The New Mayo Clinic diet can be even dangerous for some individuals. Any diet that says you can eat any amount of meat and any amount of vegetables with any kind of salad dressing, as Mayo Clinic diet says would include just about any amount of any type of food. How could you expect to lose weight eating that way? This diet promotes eating grapefruit. Grapefruit is a wonderful food, but it does not especially cause your body to lose calories. This diet is a measure of how desperate people are to lose weight, so desperate that some others can prey on their ignorance.