Hi Tessa,

I have dealt with issues of a Lisfranc fracture for almost 2 years. If you wanted to talk or get some advise I would not mind at all talking to you.

Let me know,

Kateri

Kateri!

Yes, please give me a call. You have my number right?

-T

Lisdfranc surgery  my son has to have it and he is expecting to be in surgery soon,Does anyone have ideas on the cost?

Headed into surgery soon. I live in a 3rd floor apartment and am terribly dreading the surgery and figuring out how on earth I'm going to be able to go to work and get home. My injury was misdiagnosed 9 months ago, (playing basketball and someone simply stepped on my foot) so I've already been dealing with a boot for a "partially torn tendon" & I thought I was gonna get out of it and over all this when my friends and family convinced me to go in for a second opinion. Found out immediately that I most definitely had what was somehow checked off the list in the very beginning of this oh-so fun adventure. I really needed to hear all this. Thinking positive!!!! Thank you.

My name is David and like the rest of you, I suffered a lisfranc fracture about 8 weeks ago. I am 21 years old and currently studying abroad in Argentina. I suffered the fracture while playing soccer a 8 weeks ago, got xrays and was told it was only a ligament tear. Last week I went to a new foot specialist and found out that I have an unstable injury that requires surgery. I got a second, third, and fourth opinion and all the docs said the same thing. I was told that it was crucial to do the surgery ASAP because I was doing permanent damage to the cartilage in my right foot. I just got surgery yesterday (about 7 hours ago) here in Argentina which scared me because I am not home with my family. I got three screws that are supposed to come out in 4 months. The doctor kept telling me that the pain won't be that bad and that I will be walking again in 8 weeks, which I find hard to believe. I am in more pain than I have ever been in before and cannot sleep. I have taken the pain meds that they gave me but it is still horrible. While I read on the internet, I only see horror stories and people who say that they still cant walk without pain after 6 months. Is this true for people here? I am terrified that this could happen to me but I guess I just need to stay positive. Unfortunately, after spending 6 more days here in bed, I have to travel to Chile and then to the United States. Has anyone travelled shortly after getting this surgery and has any tips? They also told me they will remove the cast after 18 days which seems odd to me. I will start physical therapy as soon as I arrive to the US because I think it is super important. Now thats its been over a year since most of you posted here, what updates do you have? Does it get better? Can you walk without pain?

I just got surgery for a lisfranc fracture on Thursday and I found your post to be helpful and educational. Thank you much.

Ahhh, thank you for this post. I have surgery tomorrow morning and absolutely freaking out because of a previous horrific blog I read stating unbearable pain!! I hope my surgery will be as smoothe as yours!

Thank you!!! Im frightened for my surgery tomorrow, you eased my fear a bit!

How did your surgery go? I go in tomorrow and I'm freaking out!

Thanks for the positive words about the whole experience. I'm in the middle of my cast time now & anxious to know I'll be ok eventually. Your words help!

I'm having this surgery on Tuesday...will be honest I'm a little nervous

I'm now 4 weeks into the cast being on/injury day :(, I had the surgery 2 weeks ago and all seems to be going well. Just received my follow up appointment for the end of November and wanted to find out what they would be doing on the day. Haven't really told me what will happen, only that I cannot weight bare for 3 months.
Any tips on arms/hands hurting using the crutches - Everyone has told me to pad the handles but not sure what with.

I too suffered lisfranc injury
Wet floor, fell hard and it twisted
That was may 18th I am a physician assistant in an er, this happened at home

Lisfranc rupture with 2,3,4 proximal metatarsal fractures and also a fracture through the joint into the talus and also a navicular fracture..

Operated in a week later, I have 2 plates 9 screws, I had no pain at injury no pain post op,
Non-weightbearing 10 weeks, partial by 12, back to work full time in the ER 14 weeks later ...

I am now experiencing more and more pain everyday, had an MRI, I've developed talar dome syndrome and sinus tatis and had 3 cortisone injections, thing is my pain is no where near my injury, it's all lateral... I just worked & hours in the ER I still limp at times unintenually and come home in about 6/10 pain now....

Anyone with similar issue?? They were all amazed I had no pain when I fell ( I heard it crack) and no pain post op, makes sense to have pain once I'm walking but it's getting worse and worse, my Surgeon says it's normal and will have reduced pain after plate removal..

Thank u
Trish

Hi, I recently had a lisfranc fracture and the surgery to fixate the dislocated bones and fracture. I'm 62 years old and live by my self. Luckily I have had my family to assist me to include some coworkers. I have been fortunate in this sense. I knew I had fractured my foot the day the ground opened up and I fell in a sink hole. I was in excruciating pain. ER visit, a boot, an orthopedic specialist who referred me to a foot specialist. 12 days later surgery. Tomorrow removal of the stiches. Method of getting around wheelchair. I cant use the crutches for a very short period of time. I mostly have tingling sensation throughout the foot and sometimes mucle spasms. I am making slow progress towards full recovery. There are moments in which I get very depressed but it doesn't last long. The most difficult for has been making meals and washing clothes my washing machine is in my garage. The entrance or exit to the garage has a couple of steep steps. I was able to get down the other day but going up was a challenge. I won't do this again. Its good to know that there are people who have had and can share their experience with this type of fracture. I need to maintain a positive attitude.

Hi I'm so glad I found this post it gives me a little bit better feeling about my upcoming surgery. I also have read all of the horror stories and I have been so anxious and afraid to have this surgery since I've read them. My surgery is in three days and I've been dreading it. I hope I have favorable results like you did. Thanks for the positive post.