I'm sick of using flat iron every day to flat my curly hair. I'm ready to use chemically straightening to avoid all this flattening with the blow dryer. Does anyone have suggestions about it?

That is true, thermal reconditioning does straighten, but also retexturizes the hair so you don't get the frizzies when it's humid. TR somehow manages to change the texture of the hair itself, so dry looking, brittle, processed hair somehow turns out smooth and silky.

I had my hair straightened by this process three years ago, and have never looked back since! :-) My thick, curly, unmanageable hair was gone and replaced with smooth, silky, HEALTHY feeling and looking hair!

As most people mentioned, most salons charge around $150/hr. The first time I had it done, it took 6 1/2 hours. Now I get yearly touch-ups and it's about 4 hours.

There are several different TR straightening systems out there. Yuko systems (Japanese) has been by far the best product for my hair. I've tried Bio-Ionic, and it definately straightened, but the frizzies remained, so I had to get it re-done, went back to Yuko.

Happy straightening!
Dee

Hey Etty,

My sister told me to turn on the TV to the home shopping network last night and told me to check out that new product about hair staightning.
I believe this product is amazing and better than the flat iron because it releases steam, which helps it to be way less damaging on your hair, and the best part is that you do not need to blowdry your hair first b4 using it. Just wash, let it dry out, and use it. It also takes less time, and they have it for people with short hair, or long hair. U can also curl your hair spiraled or do flips. U should really check it out. The name of the product is Maxiglide by Maxius. Check them out on the shopping network: take a look here

or just go to www.maxiusbeauty.com

good luck! :D

Here is a techinque for strightening I've heard a long time ago, and it works for me fine ;-) Check it out ...

"Start by blow-drying your hair as straight as you can. Then, to really get your strands pin straight, take a straightening iron (the stylist's secret weapon for taming curly tresses) and flatten out any leftover kinks and stray flyaways. To lock in the look, rub a dime-size dollop of pomade or antifrizz serum between your palms and gently pat through your hair. Pack some in your purse so you can fight any frizzies that might creep up during the night.

Fuss alert: If you start sweating up a storm on the dance floor, your curly hair might attempt a comeback. At this point, we say forget about the 'do and rock out. "

There are only a few ways to straighten hair. 1. Blowdring and then flat ironing. 2. Air drying the hair, and then flat ironing. 3. Chemically straightening the hair. From personal experience Yuko is the #1 professional straightening system out there. Some of the products out there just tame the frizz. Take care and Happy Hair.
Judy