I have heard there is product that might help me get rid of my complex. I am curly girl with a lot of hair, which drives me crazy. I cannot go to the hairdresser each time I need to wash my hair. That is why I was thinking there is no help for me. Anyway, lately I have heard for some Ogivile hair straightener, so can you tell me something about it.

Ogivile is the name known for curling the heads of millions of women for over 60 years, is now playing it straight. The leader in home perming products was proud to introduce Ogivile straightener, to their at-home collection. That is a unique salon quality hair straightening treatment, which enables women to obtain the sleek and smooth look. I believe this is exactly what you should get, because this product you use at home. This product will remove the curl from naturally curly or permed hair. Beside this, it will control frizzies and results in hair that looks and feels silky smooth. The two-step straightening procedure is simple with Ogivile hair straightener. First, you should wash hair, and work with Ogivile with gloved hands and comb through. Rinse hair and apply the neutralizer, combing through to ensure even distribution, then rinse and style, as you want.

DONT DO IT !!!! I used it and it melted my hair. I am in the process of meeting with an adjuster that only offered me a total of $150 and I had a patch of 4in taken out at the roots and 6in had to be cut off all around my head and I still need more cut because the end are totally dead now. The dumbest thing I could have ever done.

dont use Ogilvie if u have very curly hair i tried it and it barley did anything to my hair if i was you try optimum care it worked the best on my hair and my hair didnt smell as much as when i used Ogilvie :-D :-) ;-)

I used Ogilvie two days ago and it worked great on my hair. I don't have tight curls. I wanted to do something to soften my curls and it did exactly that. I don't have pin straight hair. In order for you to have pin straight hair with this perm, you have to continously comb your hair straight and that may lead to more breakage. I followed the instructions on the box except for the constant combing it stick straight, instead...I just smoothed it on my damped hair and after 5 minutes I rinsed.
If you do decide to try any kind of relaxer or hair treatment, keep in mind that you will always take the risk of have some degree of damage to your hair. Also, make sure you understand what kind of hair you have and not just use any product that may leave you looking like Kojack. Two years ago, I did the Japanese perm (which is aka thermal reconstructor) and it burned my hair to a crisp. The only product out in the market that help restore my hair to some normalcy was 'Ojon'. Ojon has shampoos, conditioners and treatment that work wonders for emergency treatments like I needed.

I used Ogilvie Hair Straightener on 12/23/08. On 12/26/08, my hair began to FALL OUT in large clumps. I called the 800 number for Ogilvie customer service on 12/26/08 and received a message that the center was closed due to the "Thanksgiving Holiday" and to call back on December 1st. This company apparently didn't realize they were closed for Christmas, not Thanksgiving. I am still struggling with my hair falling out; I have put large quantities of conditioner on my hair and see some improvement. and will try to contact a hair professional for advice. This product appeared to be like most straighteners that I have used in the past, with one exception. The conditioner is like "water" in consistency while most other conditioners that come with hair straighteners are very rich and thick. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone. I can only hope that I do not lose all of my hair.

My question is for the Ogilvie users- have you had any success with other straightners? Such as EasyStraight? I just bought it the other night because it was on sale...but it is so much more complicated than the ogilvie- you have to mix things and warm them in the microwave and it has you washing,shampooing and drying in between things... I also see a lot of bad reviews for it online but then again there are some bad reviews for Ogilvie and I like it.

Like resos I have used Ogilvie Straightner and had great results. In fact I have used it for many years now. I am not after pin straight hair, as I like having lots of volume in my hair but the straightners make it much easier when drying your hair. I usually just apply to the top section of my hair so that my natural curl remains in the rest of my hair (now that I am in my 20's my hair has relaxed into big curls which I like, but in my younger years I would have paid anything for perfectly straight hair)

%-)

I ran across this blog and decided to reply......I have used Oglivie hair straightener TWICE.....the first time i used it I applied it to my entire head (root to tip), because my hair is extremely curly....i left it on for a total of 15 minutes. Immediately when i rinsed i noticed that all my curls were gone! ALL of THEM. However, my hair felt really fragile. I then went out and bought a bottle of cholesterol, because i'd heard that its a good product to use for damaged hair. Over the next couple of weeks, i continued to condition regularly. My hair remained straight and it then because more healthier. It is now 3 months later, i now have a slight wave to my hair, but nothing like it was before. In the roots it is a little more curly. A couple days ago i bought another kit, and applied it to the more curly parts. My results were great...
The only suggestion i have for people who want to use the product is to consider how thick or thin your hair is. If your hair is thin.....do not listen to the back of the box.....leave the product in no more that 15 mins....tops....
For those struggling with the product.....USE CHOLESTEROL....and a lot of it!!!!! IT WORKS

I am Caucasian and have poofy, thin, really curly at the root. I used it last year around March and I was able to go through the entire summer without having the pain of frizzed out fro hair in the humidity. I even went to the Bahamas and didn't have to worry about the humidity and went swimming and could let it air dry! It wasn't straight but had a frizz free wave to it which did not look bad. Though I must say it DID burn my scalp at the hairline. I didn't notice it at first until a few months later when my hair started growing out. My hairline definitely was cringed by the chemicals. Its now almost a year later and my curls are back so when I use it again I will NOT leave it on very long.

Hair straighteners are just like cooking. You need be in touch with what you are doing and what you are working with. Ask any black girl with straight hair on the street. There are MANY with bad stories about relaxers from leaving it in too long. The same goes for these straightening treatments. If you leave them in too long, it will fry your hair, so for the first attempt, leave it much shorter than you plan. It's better to have hair a little more frizzy/curly than you planned, than to be bald! If you are cooking, there is the perfect timing for every food before it burns. That does not mean we should stop cooking. Learn when to rinse and you will be fine.

I used this product and now all I have to do is blow dry my hair I also use a protectant that is for blow drying and flat ironing before I blow dry or flat iron my hair! Along with blow drying I use a round brush which helps!

;-) wow..thanks a lot guys:) I'm about to use ogilvie stairghtener
good thing I check this first.I really dont want my hair to be damage.
So i guess..I wasted money for nothing. :'(

o.O ......omg im reading this while i got the stuff in my hair im kinda nervis cause i really dont wanna lose my hair....

I have hair like Taylor Swifts only a little frizzier, and I picked up this product at the store, I am debating wether or not to use this product or not, I am scared that I am going to loose hair or it may ruin my hair. I can't decide wether or not to use this product. I love my hair straight but it takes to long so I want to use this, but again I am scared. HELP> If you have any comments, please comment!!!

Definitely try the karmin G3 - it's the best straightener ever!!! :D

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed