I've used a couple different at-home chemical straightener kits (Oglivie and One N' Only) and they are great for softening my coarse hair, but I need some advice on actually getting the wave out!
The directions have you towel dry clean hair and then apply the chemicals combing your hair as straight as possible. This is where I seem to have a problem. I can't comb the hair straight even with the product in which is the step that determines how straight your hair will be. Other people with VERY curly hair (mine's only in loose waves) have gotten pretty decent results, but I must be messing something up.
Could I try drying and straightening my hair before applying the chemical? Any other advice?
Thanks!

Yikes, those chemical straighteners freak me out. What about using a normal flat iron? I have a great one (Karmin g3) and it's fantastic for my curly hair. I'd rather try that than anything that could permanetly damage my hair!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I've tried may chemical straighteners because I have super curly hair and nothing has worked. The only thing that works for me straightening my hair every day with a ceramic straightener.