I have a mix of curly/wavy hair, and I really want to know how to make it tamed and shiny/hydrated? I don't use products on my hair other than shampoo and conditioner and I'd like to know what I should use on my hair if its dry and frizzy. (I take a shower at night because I cant in the morning, but then I cant brush it or do my hair because it will just frizz.)

Ugh, I feel your pain. I can't tell from your post if you're male or female and I'm not really sure it matters but basically, I'm someone with weird hair... when it's long it's pretty straight but the shorter I go, the more it curls, and not in a nice cute way but in an unpredictable weird way, and course there's always the frizz, which sometimes I don't see in my bathroom mirror but is then painfully obvious in daylight :(. I try to keep the frizz under control with those anti frizz sprays and also straighten my hair with a straightening iron when I feel like it, which guys can def do as well with awesome results. Some of these sprays are shiny, others matte, it's a matter of preference. As for hydration, well, there's those masks that deeply care for your hair and will infuse moisture. 

I have pretty frizzy hair too. First you could try anti frizz shampoos. I also heard that you should not use hair products with alcohol. Definitely don't  wash your hair every day.  You should only wash it 2 to 3 times a week.  Some website says that you should let you hair air dry, and don't use towels. If you use a silk pillowcase your hair won't get tangled. Something weird I heard is that if you pour beer on your hair and let it for 5 min, it will help. I have never tried it. It sounds pretty weird. Another weird hack I saw on the Internet is if you use eggs, you hair won't frizz anymore.  I also didn't try this hack, I think my hair would be all sticky. Those are the hacks I know. Good luck.