I was always a non smoker growing up in fact I didn't start smoking till I was 29. 1yr ago I went thru a really awful time in my life and used smoking as a crutch to help with stress. I feel ready to quit and I know this may seem ridiculous but I am deathly afraid of gaining weight! I just got to my goal weight of 125 from 181. I am actually a really healthy person I don't drink any alcohol I am a born and raised vegetarian (never tried meat) I workout cardio and weight training 5-6 days a week, and take all the necessary supplements. What can I do to stop this ugly embarrassing habit without gaining more than 5lbs. I was thinking about adding in some extra cardio at night to burn those extra calories that smoking cigarettes burns. Will something like that work? Maybe eating 100 less calories and doing 30xtra min of cardio? Please help I would love to hear some motivating stories. p.s. I know that a little extra weight is better for you than continuing to smoke so please don't tell me that!!

i just quit, 8 yr smoker, and just quit. its hard for about a month, youll be fine u have to trick yourself by saying to URSELF (silently lol) OKay u want a ciggerate and what happens if i dont give u one? what r gonna do?? NOTHING im the boSS!!, do something constructive it will take ur mind off it seriously, also cravings last only 6 min, shew gum! that will help u loose weight too!!! good luck