So the main thing you have to be careful when giving someone a compliment about their tattoos. :-)
Well I think that tattoos look god on both males and females, but it is all part of the taste and how does a tattoo fit someone.
I agree with you on that one about tastes change by time, and it doesn't mean that you completely change, but you just don't like some stuff any more. So it is also hard for me to pick up a thing that I would like to put on my body for ever.

I will be getting another tat soon. The date 6/22/08 with zzzzz"s and stars around it. This date will forever be so special as this is the day that my daughter got clean, so ya, this is her "clean date"
The zzzzz's and the stars will represent sleeping thru the night, as i did not sleep much during her addiction.
So, on 6/22/08 i finally slept thru the night.
Sounds sort of goofy, but this is a fond memory and something that i don't want to ever forget.

I was thinking around my wrist. Then i thought about having it on the back of my neck but i wouldn't b able to see it. I want to be able to look at it all the time, that was a good day :-D :-D :-D :-D

Well that is a memory that you do not want to lose. So my vote would be around the wrist. You should be looking at it every day and it will keep you reminded of a good thing that happened that they.

That is certainly a special date BB.
I certainly remember the date I had my last drink.
It was October 19 of 1981.
The police code in NH for DWI is 10-19 so I was 10-19 on 10/19.
When I went to court the only person there who spoke on my behalf was the state cop who stopped me. The lawyer I gave $300 to was not there. All he did was file papers with the court. The cop told the judge I had not had a drink since he stopped me. Apparently he was checking.

I used to have a nightmare that visited me once in a while where I was someplace where you would normally drink and I was drinking. I haven't had that dream in a long time now.

i'd like to get a tattoo as i really like them on other people im just to worried ill change my mind about the design when its too late

the best thing to do is be completely aware that you'll have what your getting tattooed on you is forever. I have an identical twin sister and we are extremely close so we got identical tattoos. we debated for days what to get and when we finally decided we took forever on what colors to get! it's something that should be decided over time not within an hour. take your time and make sure you love it! we got an orange star on the base of our neck with blue sprials coming out of it going down our shoulder blades. it turned out beautiful and it's something we'll share together, forever.

Well the important thing is that you find something that really means something to you. It has to be something that you will like and be reminded all of your life. Many people do tattoos that they don't like after few years, so don't make this mistake and choose something special to you.
I like the last post, where she said that this is something that they will share together all of their life.

Well after reading about what BB's going to do I thought long and hard about something I believed in. I really would like to get a good tattoo but I don't think there's anything I"m so passionate about that I'd want it on my body. But I know there's gotta be something! How do you figure it out?

aimless_722 wrote:

Can you tell me why you chose this deisgn/ I think it sounds really lovely but I"d like to hear what the significance is. It sounds like quite a way to pay tribute to your family. :)

Well my sister and I love stars. It's a thing that we shared together so we figured that could be what we wanted. So we went to the man that did our tattoo and told him that we decided on a star but we wanted something added onto it. We showed him where we wanted it and he drew up the rest for us. As soon as we saw it, we knew that was what we were going to get. So healthnfitnessguy if you even get the base of your design choose, you can go to a tattoo artist and they will help you figure out the rest. They'll work with you to find something you love. I know they helped my sister and I very much.

I just remember that there was this neighbor living near us, and when he was young he feel in love with this girl that was older then him. And he actually got a tattoo with her name on his left arm. Well to cut the story short he didn't get in a relationship with her and he married another women. Now he has to were that girls name all of his life.
I'm interested in hearing what do you think of this situation and his action?

I would never put a mans name any where on my body. This is a forever decision, unless you either have it colored over or lasered off, which is expensive.
My daughter got her bf's name on her fanny, they split up and she had a lightening bolt placed over it. She is a thunder and lightening storm finatic, so it kind of fits.
My older daughter has tat2's all over her back, i don't like that at all. Lots of Chinese symbols. Her latest was a butterfly behind her ear. Youch. She also had a sunflower on her foot and a tribal around her bicep. Too much if you ask me. When she wears a strapless dress or top, maybe for something formal, those tats really take away from her femininity, she says their "hot" i say their "dumb" but to each his own.

I think getting a tattoo of someone's name is D.U.M.B.! Just because you love that person now, you might not love that person later down the road. I also think some tattoos are nice but too many is too tacky.

The only name I'm getting tattooed is my own. ;-) Seriously how did some of you tattooed people choose what you did? I really want one but I have no idea how I'd go about picking it!! Let me know what you think.

names are stupid unless its family. my next tattoo will be my sons name, just have to figure out where to put it :-)