im a big fan of smoking and it all so helps me to relax, but my doctor prescribe cephalexin to me and said i should stop smoking but i fail to ask her how long until i can resume back to my smoking habits.

Hi lionams, if you aren't interested in quitting smoking then it doesn't make much sense to me as to why you would take cephalexin while you're planning on going straight back to smoking. Why would you even bother with quitting if you aren't really going to quit anyway? You either take the cephalexin with the goal of quitting, or you would keep smoking and not take the prescription. Does that make sense? Or did you want to quit for a period of time?

What you've said makes no sense. He's talking about taking antibiotics, not nicotine related. As for smoking while taking cephalexin, it may weaken the effect of the medicine as smoking introduces new bacteria into your blood. You should listrn to your healthcare provider. You can start smoking again after you are done taking the cephalexin.