Well i'm still a teen only 16 and in high school still. For about a month now i've been having these thoughts. Like everyday i feel like i just don't want to live anymore. Like if i was gone than so many people would be better off. I don't know why i think this way but i can't get the thoughts out of my head. I'm going through so much right now but not very much more than i go through everyday. How do i get these thoughts to leave me alone? I mean my family is a mess and i live at my school. I feel lost and alone. I don't want to go to my couselor about these thoughts because i don't want him to think that i'm crazy. And well i'm not am I? I just feel like life without me would just be better for many. I want to say that i deserve life and being loved by people. But i feel like I don't deserve that. How do i get these thoughts away? anyone?

First, relax because nothing is that bad. You can think that people would be better off without you around. Take a minute and think about someone else. What if they were not around? Would their friends miss hanging out with them? Would their family miss seeing and talking to them? The answer is yes. Well the same is true for you.

Thoughts like this are called suicidal thoughts. They are normal if you are in a depressed state of mind. I am not saying you have depression, but from your description of events you have had a continuously unhappy set things happening. If you stay bummed for too long, you take that view of life. This is not crazy. It is not insane either. Do you need medicine to make you happy again? Probably not. You do need to find something in your life that is not negative. Ideally it would be a positive thing to focus on. Put your attention toward that. If nothing else immediate, then what do you want to be when you get out of school? How can you get hired to do that? This is what you need to focus on.

Watch Miracle on 34th Street. This movie is just like what you are describing. Cheer up and remember - you are here for a reason.

hey there,
Confused guy is ABSOLUTLY right.

no one here thinks your crazy because you are not. ! you are a very special person and worth a lot. even though at times it may not seem like it. suicide is a cowards way out because it only ends your pain and no pain or problem is too much to end your life. someone once told me that "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".

if you have stress or problems it is understandable that you do not want to talk about them with a "live person face to face" especially like to your school counsoler. but know that if you want to talk about things here is a good place to do it. it is 100% annonymous but you can still have real people help you and listen to you.

if you want you can send someone a private message so the converation can be only between you two. for instance if you want to private message me you just go to the messages tab in your navigator bar (right side of screen when you are on the home page) then in the "to" box type in the username (ex: biomajor'10) type your message and hit send.

I encourage you to vent your problems on here as it is a great stress reliever and knowbody knows you so no one can judge you.

good luck and remember you are someone special and we are here for you ;-)

I almost forgot,

another way you can send a private message is look at the people who replyed on your post and above there username there will be a little envalope. click on it and it will automaticaly bring up the private message box ;-)

Forever11609Always, just no that ur not alone and the feelling CAN get worse and so can the medical side of it.. For example, i am very close to ur age and look at me.. i have been seeing pyschologists and councelors since i was in the fifth grade. that is also when i was put on an anti-depressent. but because i was so depressed i was not able to sleep, thus i was put on sleeping medications. years went by and the doses only got way higher and u no wat ? i dont feel a whole lot different and the only reason i can come up with is because drugs arnt gonna solve the problem. now i am on some very very strong medications 6 to b exact and i will probably never get off of them, they will probably only get stronger because my body needs them now or i will go into withdraws.
i no the feeling that ur alone. i feel it everyday of my life. the only way around it is to think maybe thats ok sometimes. sometimes it feels better to b alone than to have a bunch of people who just cant understand you right now judging u. that doesnt mean that you would judge them or do anything crazy, just walk away for a while and think alone for a while.
Bottom line, this world really SUCKS ! but even if we cant see ourselves living past 2morow, think of that one person to live for. just that ONE person. it may be a friend, family member, or in my case its a person who i wish desperatly WAS my family cuz im not 2 crazy about my own. SHE is the reason i wake up every day and get dressed.YES she is only a friend.. but a friend i would give my life for anyday ! and neither of us can do that if were not here. i want to thank you because u have opened my eyes. i just b4 i went looking online for some1 who shared my problem was about to do something crazy. but i thank u that i can now wake up for her 2morow ! Forever here 4 u, Ranchingirl2210

Ranchingirl2210,

Your comment that you put on my post really helped me. I'm glad that someone understands my thoughts and knows what i'm talking about. my life isn't easy that's for sure and i've been through so much as a child. I guess i just feel like giving up. Like things and people would be better off if i wasn't here. What you wrote that we need one person to live for. I think i have someone. I have a boyfriend who means everything to me. He's been trying to help me through everything. I think i will get up everyday and keep going because of him. he will be my motivation. Wow i think this might work. well i hope at least. I went to go see my counselor abou it. He talked to me alot about it all. i don't know what he is going to do but he is willing to try and do anything for me to get these thoughts away.... You are right. I feel so alone sometimes.Even when i'm around some of my closest friends. When i feel like that i just kind of leave and dissapear. I feel like when i'm around my boyfriend i don't ever feel alone. I don't know... Thank you so much for you reply on my comment. You too opened my eyes up so much.. I'm going to wake up and live for that one person.. Thank you.
Forever11609Always