I’m afraid of what this might be but it seems like a hemorrhoid. I have a lump right on the border of my anus almost as if it’s half in and half out of the sphincter. It’s about the size of a small grape and normal color of my skin. It has been with me a few days and has started to really hurt, especially in the evening because I sit almost all day at work. It feels like I have a full time headache up my arse. I take warm baths at night when I get home and it feels good to lie down. I can push on it and it’s like it goes back into the side of my bum, I can feel a pulse through it but it’s not quite the same as a varicose vein because it’s more solid.

I’m not sure why this happened to me. I’m pretty healthy, I eat well and exercise regularly, I am a good weight for my size in fact I'm fairly athletic and have never really had any physical problems in my life. I run and lift weights several times a week.

I did two things that might have contributed to it. I had a particularly vigorous sex one evening, I'm hetero-male, this was nothing involving my anus but very good sex tends to flare out the veins in my midsection, I feel blood vessels around my butt and hips get large. Earlier that day I was doing a weightlifting test where I was to find my single rep max doing different exercises. I lifted heavy weight in different positions where I’m not generally accustomed to going heavy. I’ve heard this can cause hemorrhoids.

It’s very painful today. Before it was uncomfortable but now this guest has outstayed its welcome. I am going to go to a dr tomorrow and get checked out. I am very fearful that it’s cancer. The pain is constant and starting to drive me crazy, it’s hard to get up out of chairs and get around. It feels like I sat on a thumbtac and it stuck.

I don’t know if I should try to work our or run in the morning when I feel better.

Does this go away by itself?

went to the doc, he said it was a pretty big 'roid, it's about as big around as my pinky and probably half as long, as if my butt hole grew a middle finger and is sticking it up my ... well you get the idea. Now it's started hurting a stinging pain like a thumbtack.

Im finding it particularly hard to get up and down out of chairs and stuff. I'm trying to take it easy. i was giving this perscription strength Anusol with some special chemical in it, HC. It's a 'suppository'? so I stick it up there with my new finger. I did one when I got home but it hasnt' done a darn thing. Occaisionally I imagine that it's getting better, then I try to do something and that feeling goes away quick. To quote a phrase from the common tongue - this sucks!

I'm an id**t. I knew about my new pal on Sunday night and Monday AM I went to the gym as usual and got a good back and tricep burn. I was still unsymptomatic except for the feeling the little bulge there was no pain so I figured it was okay. I shouldn't have done that. It's getting more and more painful now.

The doc said that if it turns purple or red it could be developing a blood clot, so watch for it. Right now it's a "healthy" pink-skin color... how about that eh? A healthy hemroid!

I'll check back and reply to myself with an update. I don't know if this will ever get read by someone but I sure appreciate hearing similar stories to mine.

I am so lucky I don't work doing something physical. I just sit at a desk all day (I'm a writer in an editorial dept although you wouldn't know it with my medical prose) believe me, it gets painful sitting there.

Last night I went for a drink w/ a girl and felt like a schmuck hiding my pain. Anytime I moved I aggrivated the angry bee that lives up my arse.

This isn't stuff just doesn't happen to me! I don't even get colds. The only time I've only been injured twice in my life. Had my face bashed in so I got my nose reconstructed and once snowboarding I descended from teh air onto my face and my feet met the back of my head and I lost the use of my back for weeks. This is just about up there with both experiences. I feel quite helpless because I can't just get up and run around or lift weights. Hemroids are supposed to happen to out of shape people that don't eat right. I feel betrayed by this bag of mostly water I walk around in!

The girl I was with asked what I was thinking a couple of times and i was like... oh, checking the score of the hockey game. Really, I was in a world of pain trying to find my power animal in a dark icy cave while she was talking about her thoughts on Jane Austen or something - she might as well have been talking to me from the bottom of a tunnel. A couple of beers took the edge off but not a hot bath really does the trick. I definitely don't like to "share" my pain. Especially when it's something like this that makes me seem so... mortal.

whew that was scary.

It only took a couple of days for the really painful part to subside. I still have that lump but it's not as big nor as painful anymore, I actually feel human again. God it's nice not to have a constant throbbing pain with me wherever I go! I sympathize with anyone dealing with conditions that give them chronic pain.

Anyway, I'm not out of the woods yet. It seems that Anusol HC was designed to reduce swelling and my assumption is that - swelling = + healing of blood vessels.

Hot baths were very good too. I would put my finger up there and push that blood vessel or 'lump' back into place, it seemed when I pressed on it it would slowly shrink back into place. I'd hold it there for awhile to let the old bits and pieces get reaquainted although I have no idea if that's the right thing to do. It felt good anyway.

Well, that's all for now. I am swearing off 'heavy' weights. I will still lift as I have nearly all my life but no more trying to bench press nearly twice my body weight.

i have exactly the same thing, except its on the left side of my ass. im relatively healthy. and mine came from straining as well. also it become very very noticeable after sex. ive been dealing with it for close to a week now. saw the doctor a few days ago and got the same stuff- anusol. i call this thing the almond in my ass, since it is that size and shape, but it feels like a shard of kryptonite. i want nothing more than for it to go the hell away. right now im lying on the floor with my feet on the couch and a heating pad on my ass. this and baths are the things making life worth living. i have no idea if you will reread this old post. if you do let me know that you are ok and this went away completely and you are back to normal.
matt

im feelin the same pain. huge painful lump on my bum hole. havent had sex in months so i know thats not it. i dont really work out, so can it still be hemroids? i thought it may be cotton thongs i wear..have no clue and im too embaassed to show a docor my bum hole, so im just hoping it goes away:-(

How you doing now? You write very entertaining and I know how you feel! I feel mostly like I'm Superman and when you get an ass pain, it is very humbling. At least you know that you are human and people get the same issues. It can be very depressing and I appreciate your writing. I have the same problem from training for a marathon. Peace and take care.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Weas

I am a VERY HEALTHY 42 year old woman. Like the epitome of health type. Eat beyond right, do yearly cleanses, yoga everyday, I'm a massage therapist....never had a problem like this and then... I fell off a stool yesterday, slammed pretty hard on my left hip. I think the stress from the fall did it. Now I have this lovely little number which pops in and out of my ass and it hurts, almost feels like a cyst, fluid filled bubble.

UGH.

i have a lump on my ass like the inside like the same as the first guy.. im very scared its cancer and its skin color a light shade of purple its a little bit bigger than a pea. How can i tell the difference from a hemroid and cancer?

Funny posts, but thought I'd share my rather unorthodox remedy. Just put some neosporin on your finger, relax butt, and pop the sucker back in (by pushing finger in butt hole enough to crowd the unwanted guest and make it re-enter its cave), then remove finger super slow and clench up your butt super quick to make it "stay" in. Feels a LOT better than it half in and half out, or worse yet, fully out.

I never thought I would be typing that paragraph.

i have the same thing , i found out today after feeling pains , ive looked for as much help on the net as i can cause its just so embarrasing to say anywhere else ,

the person who posted above me , are u serious?

May seem like a funny topic but
man when you get this it sure isn't
funny anymore!
I am 46, but got one of these at
30 years old while doing leg lifts
at the gym. Very common for
someone who does weight lifting
to get a roid or two.
Hope everyone is feeling better.
The over the counter stuff brings
relief from pain/itch, but take care
to avoid what brought them on
in the first place or you're likely
to have a whole bunch of grapes
down there.

i dont know if a have one, because its not near my anus, its more like, right where my butt crack starts, at first i thought it was some huge zit i got somehow, because i have some weird type of sensitive skin, i get acne easily, but after maybe 2 weeks, it hasnt gotten any better, if maybe its worse, the thing pops and bleeds about once a day now, and hurts not alot, but its very annoying every day. i am very physical, almost every day at work, i work with metal and am on my feet almost all day, but when i come home, i like to game alot, so i am siting alot at home, and have worn my cushon in my chair out a bit, which may have done it.
anyone have any suggestions? i dont have any health insurance yet, because i just started a new job, and they dont offer it to new employees.

ive heard alot of healing properties in oregeno, coconut oil, and vatimin b in some instances, does anyone think any of these may help?

Hi, all. I am laughing my "bum" off over these posts...It's not that I don't sympathize with the pain and suffering of everyone here...I come from an extended famliy of 'roid sufferers, and have heard it all. My dad, sister and step-dad have all had minor surgeries to correct this problem. I have minor discomfort from an on-and-off (or "in and out") might be better(!) 'roid...I use Prep H suppositories and cream to ease the pain and itch and reduce swelling. Most of the time, an episode subsides in just a few days.

I understand that a person can have internal 'roids or external; the internal ones are more painful and serious, I think. Many external occurrences can be treated as described by some of the posters here. Lots of times, this condition can be caused by straining due to constipation/not drinking enough water; stress; not getting enough dietary fiber, pregnancy, prolonged sitting, etc.

More serious hemorrhoids can be surgically treated by "banding" or "tying off," procedures my family members have had. Not pleasant while happening, but evidently provides a lot of relief in long run.

Good luck to all. This can be a nasty and embarassing problem, I know. Bottoms up! :-D

Sunflash - it sounds like you may have a pilonidal cyst. (my son had one is how I even know about it...no-one ever talks about theirs as it is one of those "taboo" topics.) 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

While I see it's been a while since your post, if someone else reads this - go to the doc ASAP so it can be "nipped in the butt" before it gets out of hand. Son never said anything to me about it until it required some very difficult surgery - he was 15. Then due to an id**t surgeon he had to have another which resulted in me packing a huge wound from the second surgery for over 9 months. Great for a 16 year old son to have to have his mom pack a wound on his bum three times a day.

ive got one too!

only thing i can think of is that when i was puking my stomach up from being way too drunk the other night i must have strained!

what a b****r! it hurts all the time, but like the guy up said, pushing it back in is like a slice of heavenly relief, but not for long :-(