I'm 14 and I am sure I'm still in puberty. What I find strange is that my penis when flaccid is about an inch. (sometimes after showers, my penis will be half inch) but when I erect, my penis grows to 4 to 4 1/2 inch. I am a little embarrassed by this when I shower with my best friends. We sometimes masturbate together to a porn and every one has seen or touch each other's penis. They often calls me tortoise cause my penis acts like a tortoise head. (it's head will hide in it shell when shy) I know that they are just bantering but it feels sad. So, is it normal what I'm going through? Is there any teens who is going through what I am going through.

Hi Nabil,

4 - 4 1/2" is a normal size for a 14/15 year old.  You are what is known as a "grower."  It gets much bigger when erect.  It's not a problem and nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about.

Hope it helps.

Some guys are really small when flacid and grow much larger with an erection, while others stay about the same size all the time. So if you are a "grower" and you are intact yours will seem to hide inside the foreskin. It's all quite normal. It's a well known phenomenon that our turtles hide when they get cold, like in the water.

When I was young several of us used to get together to masturbate as you do and the differences were just interesting. About half of the guys were circumcised and it was interesting that they didn't mind having their head touched and rubbed but they were also aware that the rest of us couldn't stand to have our heads rubbed. The first time I rubbed a circed guy it felt really strange rubbing his bare head. Do you have a mixture of cut and natural in your group and do they say anything about that?

One of my best friends was circumcised when he was young. It did look strange, but clean.

Thanks btw.

Celebrity

Your penis is OK, it will get larger in the next couple of years

Yeah it is normal I am 29 and my penis when soft is about an inch and a half, however when it is hard it is over 7 inches. When I was 15 and measured myself I think I was 5 inches.

Celebrity
you are in the unusual category of being an inch and half when down and over 7 inches hard, I am the same hard but 3 and a half soft, even that is above the normal of only 1.5" from soft to hard, normal average penis size if 3 and a half soft would be 5" hard