I discovered a small lump on the inside of my labia and I also am very itchy and have a white discharge... this has been going on for a couple months. I get itchy then it goes away and then comes back. I have a doctors appointment in June.. do you think its ok to leave it this long?

Wow, you all made me feel so much better. I'm 36 and I have the same "pea-sized bump" as everyone else, on the left side of my labia. For the last couple days, when i would wipe it stung, like i cut myself shaving, so today i finally looked and saw that awful, dreadful sight!! I was scared until i read all of your stories. It must be the batholin abscess, but i'll make an appt to be sure! Thanks all, and good luck.

i found a a pea sized bump deep under the skin of my labia a couple days ago after i wiped from using the restroom. a shooting pain went up my lower abdomen and i thought i had cut myself with a fingernail. but then i checked it in the mirror and i didnt see anything. i touched the area lightly and felt a bump. i felt a bump in another area there about a month ago and it went away. not this one! its getting bigger and im going to the doctor this afternoon. i will post the results monday. take care!

I am 18 years old and i have the exact same thing. Small pea-sized ball inside my right labia. Doesnt hurt at all but its very firm. Somebody find out what this is. It's odd that there are so many posts and no answer. Help!!

I have found the same too,, i just noticed it while drying myself, and it seems to move too, && i dont know wether to forget about it or have it cheched,, but i get really shy.

I have the same thing that you all described. A pea-sized, movable lump (not painful or irritating at all) under the skin of my labia. I have had it since I was about 13 (I am 23) and my OBGYN never said anything about it. If it starts hurting or bothering you, you should get it checked, but otherwise it's nothing to worry about according to my OBGYN.

Im so relieved that Im not the only one to have this! I have a small pea sized lump, to the left if my clitoris. It moves under the skin, kind of like a gland does.
From what I can gather, cancerous lumps dont generally move at all, they are hard and rigid. I think its too high to be a 'Bartholin's cyst' , as Ive found a diagram and these glands are much nearer your bottom (at about 4o'clock, and 8o clock).
It doesnt cause me any pain or discomfort now, ached when I first noticed it about a month ago, but now I even sometimes forget its there, apart from when i take a shower.
would love to know for sure though, so if anyone has any more info.....

Bartholin gland swellings or Bartholins gland cysts. Not uncommon look up specfics on line.

Wow..I am so glad other women have this too! I noticed a small lump on my labia about 6 weeks ago while taking a bath. It was not painful, you would move it, but of course freaked me out totally. I tried squeezing it but no discharge, nothing...then of course it started hurting because I was messing with it!! I'm 47. So of course the first thought running through your mind is "Oh God, its cancer!" You go on the internet and of course nothing is really there except things about cancer. So of course you're even more freaked out now... Ladies, I'm lucky...my fiance is a doctor. Unfortunately not a OB/GYN, but he's a cardiologist with a PHD., so he's pretty smart. I was too freaked out to go to the doctor, so I finally gathered up the courage to ask him to look at my problem.He examined me and actually sort of laughed and said "oh, is that what you are worried about??? He said he was expecting something so much worse!!" He says it is NOT cancer, because cancer doesn't move, the skin looks different (changes color), grows larger, ect...He says it could be a number of things 1. More than likely a small cyst, which may go away in a few months, or it may just stay there, but its NOT harmful. 2. Ingrow hair, enlarged slightly infected gland, ect.3. Could be sort of growth deposit of tissue (like a benign tumor sort of thing). He says of course if you are freaked out, PLEASE go to your doctor....but I hope this helps some of you. As for me, he's going to keep an eye on this for me, but he said he is positive its not cancer. I really hope this helps all of you!!

I had something similar to what many of you have described. In my case, my OBGYN said that it was a swollen lymph node (I had no idea I even had lymph nodes down there) and that it was nothing to be concerned about.

Yes, I have the same thing. Have just washed myself and found it hurt ever so slightly. When I looked there was a lump on my labia. It was pea shaped and looked as if it had come to a head. When I squeezed it, blood came out and it hurt a little. It looks more swollen than the right side. I will go to my GP next week and get it checked out but I don't think there is much to worry about. It sounds like a cyst like the rest of you ladies.

Does anyone have this problem.
For three months in a row now I have gotten a lump on my right libia major.
They are about the size of a pea just under the skin. They are red hard and a little painful especally when I think about them, or accedently touch the area in queastion. They last for 3 or 4 days then are gone.
The first month I got two, the second month one and now the third month I have another. I tought maybe an ingrown hair or pimple. BUT three months in a row now on the same side around the same time?! It always seem to happen when Im ovulating. Coincidence? Maybe they are pimples or ingrown hairs, but why now Im 35 this has never happened before.
Does anyone have any insight out there?

BBoot, I have the same exact thing as you. I am 36, too and heading into ovulation this week. I found a very small bb sized or pea sized lump inside my right labia minora. I can feel it from both sides of the labia, if I put my thumb on one side and my index finger on the other I can roll it around. It is soooooo weird! I am especially distressed about this because I am leaving tomorrow for a romantic getaway with hubby and now this. What the heck is it? It does seem itchy, too and I am perseverating on it something terrible. I wish it would just go away. :-(

To the woman out there who have concerns about the bump under the Labia.I had mine checked out and was told not to worry.Something to do with the Bartholins glands.I was told to leave it,not to pinch or squeeze it.That it will eventually heal.Hope this helps.

I'm only fourteen, and I have found this same thing. Of course my first though was that it is cancer or something horrible and I'm still really worried. But this is the only forum or anything for that matter that i could find on this and I am kind of glad that so many people seem to have the same problem. But I was wondering if there are any other possibilities that it could be something worse..? I'm really scared. I'll check back on this forum in a few weeks.