I had liposuction done three and a half months ago on my upper arms instead of Brachioplasty. My left arm is completely deformed...I have three skin folds that are hard and gathered and can only lift my arm up part way. My Surgeon is performing Ultra Sound treatments twice a week as well as Steroid injections. My second Steroid series will be Monday. My arm is still discolored and marbled. I have a band of scar tissue/muscle mass that runs from my armpit to 4 inches from my elbow. I am not sure what to do and whether or not I should ask for a revision and whether or not revisions in a case such as mine are considered repair and should be included as part of my origional surgery. Do I have to pay for repairs from a surgery with deforming side effects? I have a hard time believing they will simple go away with just the treatment I am having. What would be considered a normal healing time from such a surgery? The deformed mass is clearly seen even when my arm is by my side. Any input would be very helpful. Thank you.

There are many women I know that are considering having a liposuction, and I have wanted to do it myself and did a lot of research on this topic and now I can freely say that I happy because I was smart enough to look for the negative consequences of the liposuction and now I wouldn’t want to do it for nothing in the whole world. I read that after the surgery your skin could never be parted as before, the scars would be visible for life and this is even worse than having a bit of the extra tissue in arms. After the surgery, the skin might change its colour in this area, and this is certainly not something I would like to happen to me. You just should consider all the negative results that could occur after you undergo the surgery. As the matter of the revisions, I know there are very few surgeons that would succeed in making the thing better in the second attempt, and generally, the revision is not done. You can always consult your surgeon about that, but I guess he would say this is not supposed to be done. And ask him about the cost of it, I believe every surgical procedure should be payed, so as yours.
Well, you go talk to him, you have nothing to lose.