I am going on tenth day on my period! I was spotting the first few weeks and not its full on heavy bleeding and clotting and the first week I got massive cramps and then they subsided a little. I still have cramps but minor compared to the first seven days. I am worried to go for a month like some of you ladies have. Has anyone gotten word from their doctors on to what is the cause of this abnormal bleeding. I am thinkin maybe thyroidism? I am 26 and I am frustrated already with this. I am extremely surprised as to the women out there who have lasted more than a month! That takes great strength! This has never happened before and I am scared.

Hey ladies seems like there are lots of us having this problem. I am 40 and for the past 4 months my menstral has been out of control . It starts by being very light for a day or 2 than by the 3rd day I am bleeding so heavy that I am changing myself every hour (and need too) .
I have not slept through the night during menstral time for the past 4 months. I am passing very large clots and go through 40 plus tampons (super plus) every 3 days That doesnt include the super pads I am wearing along with tampons. My periods are lasting upto 2 weeks at a time heavy for the duration. My doctor says its LOW IRON and should be handled with iron pills. I have not been on birth control in 20 years Have had 2 c sections my boys are 16 and 20 and my periods have been otherwise normal until recently. I have also gained about 40 pounds in 2 years doc says that is a factor too. I have had the ultrasound and the internal all seems fine SO WHY IS THIS STILL HAPPENING ???? its costing me 100 a month just to be a women !!

Some women have unusually strong periods but I know a few who have, and they're all on birth control because it helps them out. Have any of you considered?

Ladies i know what you mean, I'm only 17 and this is occuring to me. About 3 weeks ago i got my period a little early but only by three days, anyway it lasted 15 days I didn't what was going on, the flow was really heavy but no cramps what so ever. Soon it stopped and now 10 days later and I'm randomly bleeding and it's not like spotting it's a flow but I feel a little bloated so I don't know if my period is starting early again or it's out of control. %-)

I HAVE BEEN HAVING MY PERIOD ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW, AND I AM STARTING TO WORRY I HAVE CANCER, I HAVE SEVER CRAPS ALONG WITH HEAVY BLOOD FLOW AND AND BLOOD CLOTS, I AM 38 YEARS OLD AND WORRIED THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME, I AM TRYING TO GET A GYNO APPOINTMENT BUT THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS YOU WAIT A MONTH OR MORE. I JUST GOT MARRIED AND I AM SCARED OF HAVING A HYSTORECTOMY, BECAUSE I HEAR THE RECORY IS LONG AND MISREBLE, SO I HATE TO PUT MY NEW FAIMLY IN ALL THIS MESS RIGHT NOW I HAVE ONLY BEEN MARRIED A MONTH, SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?

am so worried.... am 23 and i have being on my period for 2 wks and some days now, but funny enough about a 1 1/2 week into the period it stopped 1 night i was so relief only to find out the next morning it is back with vengance as it came heavy with alot of clots. my gyn told me i had pcos and that my harmones are abnormal... am upset cuz sometimes when u talked to them..they gives you z look as if u are..u are worrying too much and it will be ok, but then the medications they r giving you aren't working... my cramps are unbearable, i had dizzy spells, nausea,chest pains. people told me might have being worrying too much and the stress is causing my period to continue.. i really need an answer, i did an ultra sound but only thing it reveals is that my ovaries are slightly enlarge n have multiple small follicles.. can this lead up to ovarian cancer? right now am on a contraceptive inorder to stopped the period and it seems not to be working, am so fustrated now. CAN SOME1 GIVE ME SOME ANSWER OR ADVICE! THANK YOU. :-( ?

I am 22 years old i never had a problem with my period always lasted 5 days until about a year ago i started my period on my 21st birthday i bled very heavily cramps fatigue mood swings thing i had never had before!!!!! i bled for just shy of 6 months i saw doctor after doctor they all said everything was fine by month 4 my blood was orange still bleeding heavy cloting and being tired all the time i went back to my doctor i couldnt have a pap because i was bleeding to heavily they gave me the depo shot hoping it would slow it down enough to do the pap 2 weeks later still bleeding heavily i was put on 3 iron pills a day plus 1 prenatal vitamin. Still nothing all symptoms continuing i went to a womens health doctor she put me on 5 bithcontrol pills a day and said if it didnt stop in 2 weeks we would have to try something else. 2 weeks later still bleeding heavily she tried advil theropy 3 advil every 4 hours and still nothing. she went ahead and did the pap and blood tests every thing came back normal except was a little anemic she said if it didnt stop the only option i would have would be a hysterectomy. with no kids yet i decided that wasnt an option and quit seeing the doctor i went home and stopped taking everything it just wasnt working i was tired, depressed. had horible cramps and mood swings about a month later my period just stopped one day. As the months go on my period lasts 2 weeks every month i have huge clots and bleed heavy the whole time it feels like im always on my period but i cant find anyone who knows anything about it and a hysterectomy isnt an option there is a new drug out there called LYSTEDA i have researched it and really think it is worth a try so if your looking for something that might help ask your doctor.

My symptoms include –

31 Years old

heavy periods since my teenage years and now after two kids I think its worse… Even while nursing I got my period right away – most of my friends didn’t have their period at all while they were nursing. (And I nursed my first son a year – second son same thing got my period right away and got it every month very heavy)
After my first son – around 2 to 3 months I was having very tired sluggish feelings – want to sleep all the time – lots of hair loss (which I thought was normal after having a baby) the doctors diagnosed me with hypothyroidism (which my mom is the same and 1st cousin was diagnosed after her 1st child) WEIRD…..was on synthroid high dose then eventually very low dose to where my doc told me to cut the pill in half dose, now I’m off of it completely.
last couple months deep pain during sex (not all the time)
very irregular bleeding – usually right after my heavy painful period - I don’t bleed for about a week then it starts with bright red blood one day then brownish then red – then it gets to reddish brownish stringy blood – my last period very large blood clots…
have to wear a pad everyday
have period pain, cramping pain quite often sometimes every other day in lower abdomen – mostly in my right side but left sometimes
I get really bad headaches right before my real heavy period.
My mood swings are awful – I feel like I have PMS everyday….
I was on the pill for around 10-12 years – it took us awhile to get pregnant. Got off the pill tried a year – nothing happened. Had some cysts rupture which was so painful. Ended up having exploratory surgery (they went in and discovered I had endometriosis and cyst on my ovaries) tried for another year – no luck! Then they blew my tubes with the dye and found out my fallopian tube were blocked. Doc said go home and try get pregnant right away – he said – that night we did and we got pregnant right away. Very healthy pregnancy and handsome healthy baby boy.
In-between baby #1 and Baby #2 still bad periods – tried birth control while nursing (the nursing pill one) no luck with it – got off the pill and still bad periods
We had no problem getting pregnant with baby#2 Health pregnancy and healthy baby boy.
Been 3 ½ years since my last baby - Period was kind a back to normal until these last 2 years
My mom is a breast cancer survivor twice around so I’m scared
I know my own body and know something is not right and off balance (by the way I have very bad break outs around my chin/mouth area – red swollen cystic bumps)
Yes I know your probably wondering why she hasn’t gotten this taken care of… I called my OBGYN - talked with the nurse – she said they would probably have to do all these test like before but I had insurance back then. We just recently moved to a country with a lot better health care so I am trying to get it straight to go see a doctor – I don’t think I can take this much longer.

I am 49 years old and have terrible bleeding & huge clots as well. Sometimes the blood was very thin & even had a strange odor. After 6 months of this mostly on versus off, I had no energy, shortness of breath, etc. I have no insurance, but I finally had enough and went to the Emergency room where they debated on whether or not to admit me to the hospital. They gave me an IV, did blood work where I was very anemic. They also did a vaginal ultrasound with a wand or probe type thing. They called the OB-GYN on call who wanted me to make an appt the next day. She said I had a large fibroid tumor which was causing my bleeding, but she was also concerned with the fact that the lining of my uterus was building up very quickly. They also found an ovarian cyst. She gave me a prescription for a shot to get a the pharmacy & then I had to bring it back to get the injection. It is called Lupride Depot (Leuprolide Acetate 3.75 mg) for injection. When I took the prescription to Walmart, get this...they wanted over $700.00 for this!!! I ended up going online and ordering it from ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed or $175.00 + $10. shipping. This pharmacy is located in Canada, had to come through Customs in Germany and was manufactured in India. This was a better alternative for me. It didn't take affect overnight like I thought it would but I slowed down & stopped within a week or two. Since then I have had very light, even watery kind of periods & no period for several months (how nice!!) until now and this last week has been horrible!! I have had to wear pads & tampons or big 'ol night time pads & I still get it on the bed, my clothes!! I finally tri-folded a sheet to lay across & tucked it in on each side so I just have to pull that off instead of everything of the bed!! I had an extra injection from when I started my period later, but it ended up stopping. I was afraid I had wasted a lot of money on this last injection,so now I am glad I have this injection that I will be taking to the Dr tomorrow. She has already said she wants to do a hysterectomy. I guess in the meantime, my husband will sign us up for insurance through his job at $400 a month!! Its ridiculous what insurance costs now, but I guess it will be better than paying for surgery out of pocket. We make too much to get any other government healthcare...so they say!! Anyway, I need to find another Dr because I also need to get bladder/female organ suspension surgery too and she does not do that. She also wants to take both ovaries out & I am not real keen on that and would be interested in anybody else's opinion on this. Take care & good luck to you all!! I hope I was able to provide some helpful info.

im having some serios problems. im only 17 years old and i had a 3 week long period and then it stopped which i was relieved about but then a week later i got another period that was heavy and last for a week then it stopped and i was goin good with out a period a until it started again , it hasnt even been a month since the last one. does anyone else have this problem or know what may be wrong with me?

With you being so young, I think it could possibly be that you have some ovarian cysts. They would probably just put you on birth control pills. Don't wait too long. As I sit here writing this, I am hooked up to an IV getting an iron infusion so that I can get surgery. We just recently got insurance or I would not have waited so long & would not be sitting here getting this iron right now.

well... i really feel horrible... i am only 18 and im bleeding from 2 months conn... with lots of tummy pain, back pain and i am unable to breath at times
Doctor says it could be cancer, if somebody out their knows what i have to do, please help meeee.......

I'm 37. As I am certain along with my fiance' I had a period about 2 weeks ago. I started mine again and I am concerned because it just doesn't seem normal, is there something wrong with me? I am too young for menopause still. I'm getting worried that something may be wrong. I hope it is nothing. Can someone please give me some advice on this. Thank You

I'm 37, I am not on any kind of medication or birth control. I started my period about 2 weeks ago, it only lasted about 3-4 days. I stopped. I thought I was done for the month, because I have done this before. Everything seemed normal. But, I just started back about 3-4 days ago and my period seems heavier and it looks like I'm hemerging a little. I know I am too young for menopause. Is this normal?  I'm just concerned and was searching for a second opinion before I go try to see a doctor because of it. Maybe it is nothing, maybe it will stop in a couple days. But, if it does not than I am going for some help. Please help me understand this. Thank You

hi,im 40,i have menstration almost 2 months and did not stop until now,,im hospitalized becouse of low blood,my doctor say that nothing problem ,but im worreid about cancer,,,this monday i go check up for cancer i hope everthing fine,,,