Wow, I am 47 and was getting worried cause I am having very heavy bleeding, had normal periods up to six months ago and now it is whenever it wants to start/end!  I am low on iron and it seems every time I get the iron back to almost normal, start to bleed. Does any one have any suggestion on what can be done? My doctor said I am healthy and let nature take it course, which i am ok with, but the bleeding is interfering in my life!!!!!!!!

wht waz ur medication

I have had my period for a month and a half. Couldn't use a tampon only pads. Very big clots coming out and freaked me out. Went to the hospital twice nothing they could do and only found a thickening uterus wall and my blood count was down to 8.2. They said if my blood count goes down to 7 I would have to be given blood so also anemic. Went to my OBGYN he gave me a Depo shot birth control my period eased up for four days and then came back with a vengence! Never will I get that shot again ( heart palputations, heaviness on the chest, woke up with headaches and moddiness! ) Had enough of bleeding so I went to the health food store and there Holistic Doctor told me to get Shepherd's Purse (Stops the bleeding), Chaste Berry Vitex Extract(gets your hormones back on track), and Hema-plex (to get my blood count up again). After a week of takeing this all faithfully I have not bleed. Thank God for helping me find this solution to stop the bleeding and know I have to get a hystrectomy to make sure this doesn't happen again. I hope this helps somebody else with this information because I would have loved if I would have foun this on the internet when I was looking. Good luck to everyone and May God Bless You.

Forgot to mention I am only 42.

f too have been going through this and it is horrible. I will be 48 on 1-19 and this is the beginnings of perimenopause c**p. I have the same kind of bleeding non-stop its driving me crazy! Just went to dr 2 wks ago he put me on pill to regulate it one wk later ive got it heavy again. They told me it should regulate in 3 months. Got a ckup the one wk i didnt have it and pap was normal. I read somewhere that as u get older the uterus lining builds up a thicker wall and thats why we bleed so much and so heavy. Anyway ladies.....know ur not alone out there!

I wish you good luck and hopefully our torment of our period will end soon. Thank you for the response it makes me feel better that I am not the only one :)))

I had taken Shepherd's Purse from Herbs of Light in which you can get from the Health food Store. You take it two times a day for seven days and then it stopped for me. What a blessing because after a month and half bleeding extensively I finally stopped it. Thank God it stopped because I was becoming a very bad anemic! Good luck to you and have a great New Year. A healthy New Year also. :))

Please read the post I just wrote about and good luck to you.

I see these posts are pretty old...but the problem isnt. Seems a lot of women have the same problem. I know I do...makes me feel a little better. But I really just want it to end or Im having my doc yank everything out of there..:)

btw...I remember my mother in law saying at my wedding 20 years ago that she was "bleeding like a stuck pig"..lol I thought that was a little strange..but now I know what she means. ugh!

Glad to know I'm not the only woman with this condition. This pre-menopausal stage caught me off guard  I'm only 41. In any case, Lydia Pinkham herbal remedy. She got it right back in the 19th century. It is still around today and it works. Nothing like a woman to know another woman! Best wishes to all. 

I have had a very similar circumstance and my Dr. said "Hmmm, sucks to be you." I was so mad! This is not right, I have fibroids and when he sent me for a 2nd sonogram about 6 months after the first, the conclusion was, 'ya, we think they have grown, but we can't be sure because the previous sonogram was done poorly.' I have had it, I get super bloated and weight is fluxuating like crazy. Glad to know I am not alone~~or crazy!

Time to get a different Doctor....Sounds like he has NO bedside manner!! Good luck and God Bless you.

Hello there, I'm going through exactly the same thing as you were 4 years ago. Was it perimenopause? Would you mind telling me how things panned out?
Thanks alot,
Peggy

Well, I first had problems when I was 41. I waited 1 1/2 months before I finally went to the doctor and they thought it was "normal for my age" Had all those tests done - the painful one - will never have that again, about passed out and had to drive slowly home - not good to do if you have no one to drive you home.  Anyway, they gave me iron pills and told me to double up on Motrin.

Here it is 3 years later and it's happenining all over again! I can't deal with it - it's been 2 weeks and I find that taking the iron definitely helps along with 2 advil every 6 hours or so - just don't exceed the max. But, even at that it only stops for about 6 hours. This should NOT BE NORMAL, as the doctors suggest! It's ridiculous and I personally cannot afford it! No money and they say to stay stress free - impossible when you keep bleeding like a constant running faucet at full speed. Tampons don't work, pads only last so long, it sticks and is just totally gross! 

Time to find an alternative of I am done with life!